Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Quick UA-5 Question: optical slots on back...  (Read 3283 times)

Offline rdflash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I am the Mike Jordan of Recordin'
Quick UA-5 Question: optical slots on back...
« on: February 20, 2007, 04:28:33 PM »
I have two ua-5's and am selling one off to Ryan Sims tomorrow morning.

As I am looking at them:  the one I am keeping has no "covers" on the two optical jacks and the one I am selling has the slots "covered" it looks like they break off once you use them once.

Is this true, b/c they open inwards and I cannot figure this out.

I have never used either of these, and I am just testing them out before I sell the one.

thanks in advance!
Ted Kennedy has killed more people with his car, than I have with a gun.

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Re: Quick UA-5 Question: optical slots on back...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 04:33:27 PM »
The "cover" is actually a plug that fits in to protect the fiber-out. 

You might still be able to get these at Rat Shack:

Doesn't look like Rat Shack carries them anymore, but this is what they used to carry when they did:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Toslink-Digital-Fiber-Optic-Caps-Prevent-Problems-4-PK_W0QQitemZ170076258630QQcmdZViewItem

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 04:40:38 PM »
my ua5 has the split covers you refer to above -- they actually retract when an optical cable is plugged in and then cover the connector back up when the optical cable is removed.  So, you should be all set.  Try inserting an optical cable into the one you're selling and you'll see what I'm talking 'bout.

Offline rdflash

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 04:45:38 PM »
my ua5 has the split covers you refer to above -- they actually retract when an optical cable is plugged in and then cover the connector back up when the optical cable is removed.  So, you should be all set.  Try inserting an optical cable into the one you're selling and you'll see what I'm talking 'bout.

The one I am selling has the split covers.

The other one has no covers.

Did they switch up their design at some point?

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 04:56:45 PM »

Must have, I've never seen the split cover version...  Mine came with the plug caps posted...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Offline rdflash

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 04:59:50 PM »

Must have, I've never seen the split cover version...  Mine came with the plug caps posted...

Terry

I will have to pick up the plug caps.

I already hit you guys with the +T back a little bit ago ;)

Terry did you ever try the laptop>TV stuff from me?  Could you get it to work, my drivers wouldnt recognize it.  Just wondering if you had any such luck.

Jon

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 05:02:05 PM »

Terry

Terry did you ever try the laptop>TV stuff from me?  Could you get it to work, my drivers wouldnt recognize it.  Just wondering if you had any such luck.

Jon

Wow, I forgot all about that stuff...  No I could never get it to work right either...  I gave it to the IT guy here at work to mess with, I'll have to see if he got anything out of it...

Terry

Offline rdflash

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 05:10:44 PM »

Terry

Jon

Wow, I forgot all about that stuff...  No I could never get it to work right either...  I gave it to the IT guy here at work to mess with, I'll have to see if he got anything out of it...

Terry

Let me know if you want refunded.  I never heard back from you so I assumed it worked.  Let me know what he found out of if you want refunded.

Jon

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 05:13:46 PM »

Terry

Jon

Terry

Let me know if you want refunded.  I never heard back from you so I assumed it worked.  Let me know what he found out of if you want refunded.

Jon

Refund???  Pfft...  Fah-get about it....

Send me some FLACs of some shows you taped recently instead...

Terry

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com