Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mic Madness  (Read 1749 times)

Offline TheWildKindness

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Archivist Records
Mic Madness
« on: June 26, 2004, 04:50:02 AM »
 I've been doing a lot of research on mics this week and am pretty sure I will get either the SP-CMC-2 or CMC-4...but I recently came acrossthis site and found this set of mics: http://www.outwardsound.com/product/microphones/301/

The company itself seems to sell all reputable products...and after looking at specs... this mic seems to be very similar to the SP-CMC-2 (AT831), not to mention it's about $40 cheaper (since you have to pay the extra $20 for the clip option on the AT831), and they offer free shipping.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with OutWardSound and/or Mic Madness? It seems that a lot of the higher end mics are made from the same elements anyway right?

I am hoping to make all of my decisions this weekend and make my purchase on Monday...so any help/opinions/referals would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again.

- Shawn

For Sale: (BM2p+ mod) UA-5 & 20 GB JB3 - http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=127307.0

Stealth: AT831's > SP-SPSB-1 > JB3

Open: (BM2p+ mod) UA-5 > JB3

Extras: Sharp MD-DR480

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
Re: Mic Madness
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 11:29:26 AM »
Why do you have to pay the extra $20 for the mic clips?  I've never found the need for mic clips on my 933s.  I kinda thought they were only for attaching to shirts and stuff...

That said, I'd still go with the ATs even if they're 40 bucks more.
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Mic Madness
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 10:02:43 PM »
Perhaps there's a reason we all use  AT/SP branded stuff, perhaps not.  But you can gladly be the first to test out the shures :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com