Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

Interconnects for universal player

(1/2) > >>

wboswell:
Anybody have any recs for a set of 5 cables to use for dvd-a/sacd player?  I am looking for intro level cables and have around $175 budgeted for the purchase.  I have a pair of dh Labs Silver Sonic T14 speaker cables which seem fine.  I am considering following suit with the interconnects and getting the dh Labs Silver Sonic BL-1's.

Thoughts?

edit:
I posted this here because its playback referenced, but now realize that it prolly belongs in the cable section.  I won't waste bandwidth by posting both places.  Skalinder or Moke, do as you see fit!

dmonterisi:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!

nickgregory:
I actually agree with Moke (first time for everything 8) )....I built some interconnects using Canare cable and switchcraft connectors and definitely noticed an improvement in my system.  Now I wasn't using high dollar interconnects to begin with, just some monsters that I was either convinced into buying years ago or some other random cables, and the canares definitely gave me more clarity around the mid range and upper end.  I was actually surprised that it was noticeable.  Before the sound was kind of muffled....the cables helped clean that up.

wboswell:
So I guess Damon's monster cable recommendation is no good either?  

leegeddy:

--- Quote from: wboswell on March 22, 2004, 01:07:12 PM ---Anybody have any recs for a set of 5 cables to use for dvd-a/sacd player?  I am looking for intro level cables and have around $175 budgeted for the purchase.  I have a pair of dh Labs Silver Sonic T14 speaker cables which seem fine.  I am considering following suit with the interconnects and getting the dh Labs Silver Sonic BL-1's.

Thoughts?

edit:
I posted this here because its playback referenced, but now realize that it prolly belongs in the cable section.  I won't waste bandwidth by posting both places.  Skalinder or Moke, do as you see fit!

--- End quote ---

don't you need 6 cables for SACD/DVD-A outs?

i'll build you a 6 cable snake with Canare parts, if you're interested.

marc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version