Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Question about line in on Cool Edit Pro 2.0  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Tye

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • No news is good gnews without Gary Gnu
Question about line in on Cool Edit Pro 2.0
« on: March 23, 2004, 04:59:21 PM »
So I've used this program(cool edit pro 2.0) to transfer many shows all of a sudden it will not recongnize any sound by which I mean I go D8 > UA5 >  my sound card through the 1/8" plug then I turn my line in up on my volume control the sound then comes out of my speakers as always I would open the program and press record and then it would show the levels of the incoming music. Well now the music comes through the speakers but the program act as nothing is coming in to record.????? Is there some kind of setting that I could of somehow switched without knowing? I have not changed a thing as a matter of fact I also tried my Wave Lab and got the same results. I even tried tech service at Gateway and they were stumped. Please any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!  ??? I would think it could be my sound card but the sound does come through?!
Peluso cemc6/ck-21/ck-4 > Karma K10mp > Hydra's > Sound Devices MP-2> Buman T mod R4 - R9HR

Offline sexymexi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
Re:Question about line in on Cool Edit Pro 2.0
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 05:10:06 PM »
try double clicking the meters on cool edit, then it should show up and allow you to see your levels coming in.. but with your UA-5, why don't you run digital transfer in, i can't get my ua-5 to work right with cool edit pro 2.0, but it worked recording in CD wav, and wavlab, if you don't have wavlab i suggest you get it,  I like cool edit pro for doing my own personal multitracking, but i always use wavlab to transfer shows.  hope that helps. peace.

matt
AKG 391's > phantom boxes > JB3 or Casio DA-7
Panasonic WM1610 omni's > whatever

Playback: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum > Onkyo TSDX595 > matched Oynix Rockets > Mirage FRX-S8 sub

Offline Tye

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • No news is good gnews without Gary Gnu
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 05:49:23 PM »
I have not tried going digital from the UA5 yet. I figured since the old way will not work the UA5 probably would not work either . I will try it tonight. Thanks for the advice. I have Wave Lab but I found it easier to track on Cool Edit. How do you track on Wave Lab?
Peluso cemc6/ck-21/ck-4 > Karma K10mp > Hydra's > Sound Devices MP-2> Buman T mod R4 - R9HR

Offline sexymexi

• Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 06:24:00 PM »
i don't track in wavlab, i record in wavlab, then open it in CDwave.  It not hard to get the ua-5 workin, just read the installation stuff on the CD.  I had trouble with mine cause i just plugged it in, and installed it like i did anything else..  but it had a couple different things.  read that first, and then follow them exactly, and your done.  easy digital transfering.  I have yet to get it to work @ 24bit, but i havn't tried in a few weeks.  good luck

Matt
AKG 391's > phantom boxes > JB3 or Casio DA-7
Panasonic WM1610 omni's > whatever

Playback: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum > Onkyo TSDX595 > matched Oynix Rockets > Mirage FRX-S8 sub

Offline mgleason007

• Taperssection Member
  • Mmmmm, yummy
    • My Bootleg List
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 08:33:08 PM »
Yeah, go digital... you should be much happier with the results.  I had no problems with getting the UA-5 to record correctly in Win2000 (at 16 or 24 bit), but I was using Soundforge 6.  Like Matt said, record with Soundforge, Wavelab, etc and track with cdwave.  CDwave will only cut on sector boundaries, or so I've been told.

Or even better get a bit-perfect sound card (the UA-5 is NOT bit perfect).
Mike

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com