Gear / Technical Help > Cables

looking for mic cable recommendations...

(1/2) > >>

bearcobb:
mic cables are probably the last thing ive neglected when it comes to my rig, ive got a hundred dollar pair of blue kiwi's that ive used for over 3 years now.

im looking for some suggestions as well as reviews if you have them...

im looking to spend between $150 to about $300 a pair, and am looking for between 15-25 foot lengths.

ive found the monster studio pros for $130 each, the silver zaollas at about $170 each, the audio magic x streams for about $90 each, the silver serpents for about $150 each. any reviews? or experience? i think id prefer a set of new cables rather than used...

also ive seen you can make your own but id rather buy new as i dont trust my ability to make them...

jpschust:
one of my fav cables comes from www.bettercables.com

very stiff cable though, but a wonderful build

nickgregory:
I would recommend the Audio Magic HyperConductors in that price range...nothing else at that price point is close to it...

John R:

--- Quote from: nickgregory on August 18, 2004, 06:16:14 PM ---I would recommend the Audio Magic HyperConductors in that price range...nothing else at that price point is close to it...

--- End quote ---

i agree 8)

Tony B:
me too, if only for the space-saving factor (notwithsanding the sonic improvements in your recordings). Hypers are great!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version