Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: new to digi recording - budget <US$600 (£330) - any ideas  (Read 1824 times)

Offline limered

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
new to digi recording - budget <US$600 (£330) - any ideas
« on: January 11, 2005, 01:49:41 PM »
hi,
i'm new to recording in digital format. well, i've been using a sony MZR-35 MD with MS-907 mic for a while ,and would like something easier to interface for uploading band jam bootleg mp3's/OGG etc. so quality is not paramount necessarily. However, it would be nice to have flexibility with quality - best -> worst. and the best quality for the money really.
i have been looking around - what would you say is best - my options so far are:-
1) Marantz PMD - 660 (any samples appreciated) , i already have a couple of AT-4035SV's , since i don't necessarily want stealth for my own band practice.
2) Neuros II - with either SP preamp or church audio pre amp and their mics.
since this way i've got a evice for carrying my mainstream music around on aswell.
3) second hand JB3 with perhaps second hand UA5 and some second hand C4's (if i can afford them) - JB3's everyone seems to use on here.
4) a second hand DAT player (M1 or D-100) use the existing MS-907 that i have and also wait for a preamp.
any thoughts or suggestions.- i live in the UK, i don't know if it makes any difference.
what i'd like to do is record jams and try to start up or get involved with an underground music infrastructure/server. for bands that make it up on the spot. <US$600

thanks.

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • They're baaack! ??
Re: new to digi recording - budget <US$600 (£330) - any ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 10:55:48 AM »
another vote for #3... low cost, versatile, easy to operate, compact...everything you could possibly want.  I have not heard the c4's, but they get gr8 reviews here...there are other low cost mics too....look around...I REALLY like my AKG's!!!

+t and welcome!
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline neumannkid

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Shows Ive taped on the archive
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 11:05:14 AM »
#3 for all the reasons above. Ive been listening to some shows taped with C4's lately and have to say that they sound great especially for the price Ive seen them for lately.

hexyjones

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 11:46:40 AM »
Even I would go for #3!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com