Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Ok, I want to learn how to do matrix post recording from two sources.aud and SBD  (Read 7169 times)

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
can someone direct me how to do it,?i know how to do them together, but i want to learn how to do them seperate. How do i add them together and do a matrix that way?? be gentle. im slow.
I have wavelab, sf 8.0.
Help??

Ray

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
nice! is this for son volt..?
-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Ray76

nice! is this for son volt..?

no comment. ;)

Ray

cleantone

One inmportant hint is that if the sources are recorded on 2 different clock sources they will not sync for a long period of time. Meaning if you line up the first snarehit of a song after somtime it will sway out of sync. Might be a minute, might be 4 minutes, might be ten minutes. This makes a post production mix much harder than if both sources had been from the same word clock.

Ray76

One inmportant hint is that if the sources are recorded on 2 different clock sources they will not sync for a long period of time. Meaning if you line up the first snarehit of a song after somtime it will sway out of sync. Might be a minute, might be 4 minutes, might be ten minutes. This makes a post production mix much harder than if both sources had been from the same word clock.

Ok, but how do I actually do a mix like this??Is there a guide for doing this??I need step by step. What software do I need?

Ray

Offline heath

• Laugh it up, Fuzzball...
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
Ray--I am in the process of compiling a "step-by step" walkthrough complete with screenshots.  I'm about halfway done, and will let you know when it's finished and ready for use! 
And the Sultans... yeah the Sultans play creole

The Upstream Mend

Ray76

Ray--I am in the process of compiling a "step-by step" walkthrough complete with screenshots.  I'm about halfway done, and will let you know when it's finished and ready for use! 

awesome heath. but for future ref, what software do i need to get??ima go buy ;) it now.

Ray

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
Ray--I am in the process of compiling a "step-by step" walkthrough complete with screenshots. I'm about halfway done, and will let you know when it's finished and ready for use!

i cant wait for your walkthru heath :)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline heath

• I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
the walkthrough that I am working on is for audacity, but I would gladly make another when I am done for other software if someone has a preference or request.  no skin off my back....

h

The Upstream Mend

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
Quote from: heath
he walkthrough that I am working on is for audacity, but I would gladly make another when I am done for other software if someone has a preference or request.  no skin off my back....

h

very cool offer!    they not giving you enough work there in the mountains? ;)

Offline heath

• I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
i have been wanting to put together an informational website for a while with tips and tricks on various things (not just audio).  These walkthroughs will be the first content on my page.  I get bored sometimes and this gives me something to do...  :P

The Upstream Mend

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
well then, cheers to your boredom! 8)

don't give away TOO many audio tricks,  ya know what I mean? ;)

cleantone

I use multitrack software. Digital Performer mostly. Something that is intended for combining audio tracks. Thats just what I'm used to though. Food for thought.

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground

sweet!

the walkthrough that I am working on is for audacity, but I would gladly make another when I am done for other software if someone has a preference or request.  no skin off my back....

the general principals are the important thing. most of the other programs will have the same commands/options...be it sf, wavlab, spark, peak etc...
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline dgale

• Taperssection Member
    • Los Lobos Tour Dates & Setlists

h

I have SF and WaveLab, so a step-by-step for either of these would be great - +T for being willing to take this on.
http://loslobos.setlist.com/

Mics: SKM140, CM300/CP-1/CP-2/CP-4
Pre/AD: SD MP-2, AD2K+, MiniMe, SBM-1
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Motu Traveler, Korg MR-2, DA-P1, D8, D7, DTR-80P, D5, D6

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.083 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com