Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: D8 Problem with rewinding....  (Read 2621 times)

Depechemode1993

• Trade Count: (0)
D8 Problem with rewinding....
« on: May 08, 2005, 05:38:22 PM »
ok... I wanted to transfer a show of mine today onto the computer. I had to stop becasue my Adobe froze. so I tried to rewind my DAT tape and the D8 willl rewind for about 17 sec. of the tape and then it usually switches over and starts to go fast. well it does that but then when it is reading the tape I can hear it rewinding but the counter on the D8 does not move. then the D8 stops and turns off then reloads itself again?  ??? ??? ??? I have no idea whats going on.. can anyone help?

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
Re: D8 Problem with rewinding....
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 06:08:23 PM »
what happens if you push rewind a second time?
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 10:51:55 AM »
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Depechemode1993

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 04:13:22 PM »
ok so if I am reading right. I should stop immediately using my D8 and get it serviced by paul at Pro Dig? I tried a 60m and 90m and both do not rewind. sometimes they do though.

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 04:57:39 PM »
If your deck has never been serviced, yes you should send it to Paul so it can be tuned. 

If you have a full sized deck, I'd recommend using that for rewinding and transfers and keep the D8 for recording only.  Cue and rewind cause wear of the transport.  You can even buy a home deck with poor heads and use it for packing tapes and rewinding is you must use your D8 for transfers.   My D7 has lasted 11 years because I use studio decks for everything other than field recording.  So the D7 only sees as many hours as it is in the field.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Depechemode1993

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2005, 06:14:21 PM »
I have been thinking about getting a new DAT recorder anyways. probably one for transfers and one for just plain recording. I was thinking a Tascam DAT deck or one of those MKII's for transfers and probably a M1 for recording. as I sold my other one casue I thought my D8 would last me for awhile. Where can I get new DAT Equipment online for a reasonable price?

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 09:48:43 AM »
Paul sells reconditioned DAT decks.  They are not expensive and will be a good strong piece of gear.  His inventory is online.  www.prodigitalinc.com
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Depechemode1993

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 10:24:00 AM »
thanks alot lil kim!  ;) a huge +T!  ;D

Offline Genghis Cougar Mellen Khan

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Tin Can > Wax String > Dictaphone
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2005, 12:05:49 PM »
Paul sells reconditioned DAT decks.  They are not expensive and will be a good strong piece of gear.  His inventory is online.  www.prodigitalinc.com

Make sure you give Paul a call, he usually has even more than what's listed on the site.
Maybe a couple of small scratches, but thats because these mics are chick magnets.
Girls always up on Andy tryin to grab these mics, the scratches are from their wedding rings.

CMC641 / DPA4022 / DPA4062>mod MPS6030
V3 / PMD671 / field ready DV-RA1000 / Oade W-mod PMD661 / PCM-M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com