Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Critique a first-timer's stealth rig.  (Read 5831 times)

Offline bconnolly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Serious Business
    • Serious Business
Re: Critique a first-timer's stealth rig.
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2005, 10:08:54 PM »
So I've decided to go with my original list of parts after all the discussion.  Thank you very much for all of the advice and answers to my questions.

One more question: for the "Tapers Section" discount, do I just mention it in my order notes that I'm a member of this forum?  Same for the SP-SPSB-6 battery box modification mentioned earlier?

Offline fuzn

• Taperssection Regular
  • Don't be weird about it.
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2005, 05:27:18 AM »
So I've decided to go with my original list of parts after all the discussion.  Thank you very much for all of the advice and answers to my questions.

One more question: for the "Tapers Section" discount, do I just mention it in my order notes that I'm a member of this forum?  Same for the SP-SPSB-6 battery box modification mentioned earlier?
It would be easier to just do it over the phone in that situation. Especially if you want the battery box mod, so you could both be sure what you're getting. However if you want to try online, right when you're about to pay, you should see a coupon box or something and just put taperssection in there and it should take off 10% to some parts. They take off for most SP products I believe. Sometimes they don't when it should, like the dongle wouldn't do it for me online, but he did it on the phone. This is another reason why calling them and asking for Chris is easier. Congrats man, enjoy.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 05:28:53 AM by fuzn »
DPA 4061s > SP-MicroTrack Dongle > M-Audio MicroTrack

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Feel brand new about it
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2005, 11:10:29 AM »

It would be easier to just do it over the phone in that situation. Especially if you want the battery box mod, so you could both be sure what you're getting. However if you want to try online, right when you're about to pay, you should see a coupon box or something and just put taperssection in there and it should take off 10% to some parts. They take off for most SP products I believe. Sometimes they don't when it should, like the dongle wouldn't do it for me online, but he did it on the phone. This is another reason why calling them and asking for Chris is easier. Congrats man, enjoy.

Yeah, what he said.  Do it over the phone.  Chris is a smart guy and is very familiar w/ what we're doing.  From my experiences, going the online route, the order may not be 100% correct.  I had to go back and forth w/ my CMC8 purchase to get the right batt. box sent to me.  I wish I woulda just dealt directly w/ Chris on that one.  Not bashing SP whatsoever...great company, they worked hard to alleviate the issues I had and did so successfully....just letting you know.
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant
aercomp2 ■ v2∞3 ■ sx-m2d2
d100 ■ pmd661 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline bconnolly

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Serious Business
    • Serious Business
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2005, 06:50:58 PM »
Yeah, what he said.  Do it over the phone.  Chris is a smart guy and is very familiar w/ what we're doing.  From my experiences, going the online route, the order may not be 100% correct.  I had to go back and forth w/ my CMC8 purchase to get the right batt. box sent to me.  I wish I woulda just dealt directly w/ Chris on that one.  Not bashing SP whatsoever...great company, they worked hard to alleviate the issues I had and did so successfully....just letting you know.

I ordered last night on the web, but I took your advice and called.  Must have caught them after they closed (damn time zones!) so I left a message.  Thanks for the tip.  From now on, I'll call and ask for Chris.

EDIT: Also, cool link in your sig Aud... getting those Hartford tapes from the ftp! +T!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 07:56:03 PM by mojomonkee »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com