Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need some (simple) help here ;-)  (Read 1538 times)

Offline maCalex

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • MINI² Technic
Need some (simple) help here ;-)
« on: December 15, 2005, 11:20:36 AM »
hi there!

i have a set of at853rx's on order (bought through musiciansgear)

now i got the following questions:

- i am running a sonosax m2 phantompower which i wanna run between the mics and my d100.
i bet i need 2 connectors/adapters for connecting the mics to the amp - right ?

are these the correct ones?

---> http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?item=AT8533X&convert_from=usa&convert_to=euro

- further i need about 6 feet of miccable as i bet i will only get the capsules through musiciansgear and no cable - duhh... :)

will this be the one to go for:

---> http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/AT8314-6

thanx so much for your help  :D

alex

Offline goose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Need some (simple) help here ;-)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 06:17:27 PM »
Hi Alex,

You will like the AT853Rx mics.  Luckily, you will not need any other accesories to be up and running.  The set you chose to buy (assuming you noted the correct model) already has the adapters you linked and comes with attached cables, and they will plug directly into the sonosax.  You may need a cable to go from the sonosax to the d100 if you do not already have one. 

The mics you ordered have 25 foot cables, so I would recommend shortening the length of the cables when you get them, the instructions for shortening them will be included with the original microphone packaging/instructions.  It's easy, just snip and solder and attach to screw terminals in the XLR connectors.

If you have any further questions, let me know.

Offline maCalex

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • MINI² Technic
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 04:48:02 AM »
Hi Alex,

You will like the AT853Rx mics.  Luckily, you will not need any other accesories to be up and running.  The set you chose to buy (assuming you noted the correct model) already has the adapters you linked and comes with attached cables, and they will plug directly into the sonosax.  You may need a cable to go from the sonosax to the d100 if you do not already have one. 

The mics you ordered have 25 foot cables, so I would recommend shortening the length of the cables when you get them, the instructions for shortening them will be included with the original microphone packaging/instructions.  It's easy, just snip and solder and attach to screw terminals in the XLR connectors.

If you have any further questions, let me know.

Hey Goose !

Thanx for your answer!
Are u sure that the cables and adapters come within the set?
There is no info on musiciansgear.com that cable and connectors come with the mics and I havent got any confirmation on my invoice from mg.com that it is a full set of mics, cables and connectors - thats why I'm asking :) !.

I've marked the field shown in the picture attached....

Thanx again!

Alex

Offline goose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 07:28:06 AM »
I am positive.  The capsules cannot disconnect from the cables, so they have to be included!  I used to own a pair of these, and they are good mics.  Enjoy.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com