Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help! Files stuck on CF Card.  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Unitmonster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • taboot taboot
    • List
Help! Files stuck on CF Card.
« on: September 03, 2006, 11:13:13 AM »
Taped 3 shows last night and the last show (Sonic Youth) won't copy off my card.  I get a cyclical redundancy error every time.  NOw when I load the card in my Marantz 660 it doesn't see the files, yet when I use the deck in USB mode (to copy files onto my computer) I can see it there.  I know that I got the recording because I already listened to a sample. I can even play the file through my computer when it's in my deck.

What can I use to recover the file? I did a search and came up with chkdsk/f but I can't get that to start running.  It says that the drive is already in use.

Any suggestions? i have to leave in a few hours to the 2nd day of this fest and need to clear of the card!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 11:15:31 AM by Unitmonster »
AT853rx (c,sc,o)> Fostex FR2-LE (Busman T-Mod)

Offline LEDZEPZOSO

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Help! Files stuck on CF Card.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 04:40:42 PM »
Try one of these programs.
http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&rls=GGLG%2CGGLG%3A2005-52%2CGGLG%3Aen&q=DIGITAL+IMAGE+RECOVERY+&btnG=Search

My frinds CF card froze up and he was not able to do anything with it. I downloaded one of these programs (Cannot remember which one) and it resolve the problem. The only drawback is the the two photo's that where corrept I was unable to save.

Offline live2496

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Gidluck Mastering
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 10:37:49 PM »
Chkdsk should work. Some other process is accessing that drive. Close all other windows like MyComputer or Windows Explorer. If that doesn't work, then reboot and open up a command window and run chkdsk /f first.

Gordon

Taped 3 shows last night and the last show (Sonic Youth) won't copy off my card.  I get a cyclical redundancy error every time.  NOw when I load the card in my Marantz 660 it doesn't see the files, yet when I use the deck in USB mode (to copy files onto my computer) I can see it there.  I know that I got the recording because I already listened to a sample. I can even play the file through my computer when it's in my deck.

What can I use to recover the file? I did a search and came up with chkdsk/f but I can't get that to start running.  It says that the drive is already in use.

Any suggestions? i have to leave in a few hours to the 2nd day of this fest and need to clear of the card!
AEA R88MKII > SPL Crimson 3 > Tascam DA-3000

Offline Unitmonster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • taboot taboot
    • List
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 11:44:38 PM »
thanks folks. I finally got CHKDSK to work. Took a lot of trial and error.
AT853rx (c,sc,o)> Fostex FR2-LE (Busman T-Mod)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com