Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cyberduck/LMA upload troubles  (Read 2791 times)

easy jim

• Trade Count: (0)
Cyberduck/LMA upload troubles
« on: September 18, 2007, 12:30:03 PM »
Any help/info. is greatly appreciated.

I use a PowerBook G4 w/ OS 10.4.10, and was using an older version of Cyberduck (opensource FTP client) with zero issues for uploading to the LMA.  I connect via cable modem - Time Warner's RoadRunner service.

I upgraded Cyberduck to the most current version (2.8 ) from an older version (2.6._ ?) before beginning an upload last night.  Once the LMA generated the identifier and provided the server info. to log in, I opened the new version of Cyberduck and tried to open a connection to the server. 

The connection was accepted at first, however the file folder did not show up in the FTP browser window for me to open and upload the files.  I tried refreshing and it kicked the connection.  I tried logging back in, and still did not see the folder.  It was the same experience when I tried to upload a different show to see if it might have been a LMA connected issue in generating the correct folder on the server.

Anybody have any ideas/help with what might be going on?  Could this be an issue with the new version of Cyberduck?  Was the LMA having issues last night? 

The identifiers (if it helps for any LMA admins):
www.archive.org/details/k23-2007-04-13.ccm4.flac16
www.archive.org/details/banyan2007-09-01.akg452ck22.flac16

« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 12:32:47 PM by easyjim »

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
Re: Cyberduck/LMA upload troubles
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 03:20:05 PM »
Hi Jim - not sure if there were any problems last night but the AHK23 show looks fine to me now. The Banyan gig is a little messed up but all the files are there. Did you manage to get it working again this morning?
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

easy jim

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 08:41:18 PM »
Hi Jim - not sure if there were any problems last night but the AHK23 show looks fine to me now. The Banyan gig is a little messed up but all the files are there. Did you manage to get it working again this morning?

I ended up downloading Fetch and using it under the trial license to complete the uploads.  I still think something is either messed up with the newest versiojn of Cyberduck (released 9/10/07) or that maybe I DL'ed a version meant for Intel Macs by mistake.

Is there anything I can do to fix the Banyan 16 bit so that the files look more neat on the details page?

Offline greenone

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 10:11:51 AM »
Ok, cool. There's some systematic reason why the Banyan gig looks like that and I'm looking into it. But I think it only happens on the initial upload, so you should be able to fix it by logging in, deleting all mp3/ogg files and then re-deriving (Edit item > item manager > derive).
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings

Offline spott

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 11:04:37 AM »
I've had problems with CyberDuck, especially with seeing acurrate drive \ file structure, I thought it was my webhost at first but once I switched to "Transmit" another Mac FTP I've been free of problems.  YMMV.

easy jim

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 12:07:16 PM »
Ok, cool. There's some systematic reason why the Banyan gig looks like that and I'm looking into it. But I think it only happens on the initial upload, so you should be able to fix it by logging in, deleting all mp3/ogg files and then re-deriving (Edit item > item manager > derive).

Cool.  I'll try and take care of that tonight.  I need to fix the text file too.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 04:00:56 PM by easyjim »

Offline greenone

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 12:11:55 PM »
I use Transmit too, fwiw - never had any problems using it.

easy jim

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 12:35:14 PM »

Thanks.  I'll make sure to check out Transmit before the trial period ends on Fetch.  I guess Cyberduck is no longer a good option, which it used to be  ::)

Offline greenone

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 12:27:48 PM »
It might be worth submitting a bug to the Cyberduck team to see if it's something they can fix...

easy jim

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 01:21:56 PM »
It might be worth submitting a bug to the Cyberduck team to see if it's something they can fix...

:coolguy:

Offline rowjimmytour

• Trade Count: (3)
    • My LMA bookmarks
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 07:26:12 PM »
I had problems w/ cyberduck to and switched to transmit. I had the same problem w/ cyberduck and it was strange because it only happen w/ LMA but SPPS worked fine. I really like transmit real easy to use and accurate.
Peace
http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.09 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com