Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Deleting Archive material  (Read 1505 times)

Offline nedstruzz

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Deleting Archive material
« on: December 24, 2007, 03:56:54 PM »
Can anyone give me a quick tutorial on deleting material from the archive?  I can't see anything to this effect on the site.

Interested in learning how or who to contact for material that I have uploaded but also material that is in breach of bands policy. 

Thanks, 
B&K 4023's >Neve Portico>744T

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
Re: Deleting Archive material
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 09:33:54 PM »
Easiest way is to just email etree@archive.org and one of the admins will take it down for you. That works in both cases and will often get it taken care of within an hour or two. The LMA takes artist requests like that very seriously since without artists, there's no music. :)

To do it yourself, go to your item, click "Edit item", then "Item manager" and "checkout". That'll let you back in via FTP. From there you can delete whatever files you want to delete. If it's a song or two that the band doesn't want circulated, I might leave a note as to what has been deleted so someone doesn't try to come back and re-upload the complete show with the material the band wants to exclude.
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline nedstruzz

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Deleting Archive material
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 11:18:33 AM »
Wonderful, Thank you and Happy New Year!!
B&K 4023's >Neve Portico>744T

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com