Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

md recording

(1/6) > >>

WSPYMSBNUT:
will this mini disk recorder work for recording live w/ powered mics
Sony MZ-NE410 it says it records via USB only so does that mean that recording from the soundboard or mics is not an option... the other models on crutchfield have minijack input (stereo analog and mini-optical digital) and another says it has that plus mic inputs.....little help

Scuba Jeremy:
If you have powered mics, you will not need a "MIC" input, but you will still require a "LINE IN". I'm going to go and check to see if that model Sony you're looking at has a 1/8 Line In, but I think that model is what it says - USB only. That won't do you any good in the field.

As it is, I suggest you ditch Sony and look for a Sharp. They're built with tapers in mind!

WSPYMSBNUT:
thanks alot so all i need is a line in heh

cpclark:
if you go line in, your gonna need line transformers to bump up the gain  to line level, id suggest gettin one with a mic in as well, but an outboard preamp is ideal for live recording situations, you'll find the quality of just going mics to MD just isnt that good IMHO

Scuba Jeremy:
Assuming your mics are fully powered, either by an internal battery, or a battery box, then yes. But you will not just be able to plug in a non-powered mic and have that work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version