Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

what are good dat tapes to buy and length

(1/2) > >>

hzgone:
I'm wanting to know what dat tapes people use and what length do you find work the best?  Looking to get some but don't know what to buy or look for

Brian Skalinder:

--- Quote from: hzgone on November 24, 2003, 08:19:33 PM ---I'm wanting to know what dat tapes people use and what length do you find work the best?  Looking to get some but don't know what to buy or look for

--- End quote ---
I use Maxell 60m Made-in-the-USA and an occasionaly 90m if I must.  I usually buy them from Cascade Media.

John R:
i use sony 60's and sometimes 90's.  i buy them from sonic sense

jr

leegeddy:

--- Quote from: hzgone on November 24, 2003, 08:19:33 PM ---I'm wanting to know what dat tapes people use and what length do you find work the best?  Looking to get some but don't know what to buy or look for

--- End quote ---

i personally use these:

Sony DDS 60P (60 meters = 2hrs)
Sony DDS 90P (90 meters = 3hrs)
Maxell DDS HS4-90s (90meters)
Sony PDP-95 DAT
Sony PDP-64 DAT

i know that some folks have problems with DDS tapes, but i've yet to have a single issue in using them.  90meter tapes should be no problem for most decks.

http://www.american-digital.com always has a good supply of the DDS tapes.

marc

Brian Skalinder:

--- Quote from: Brian Skalinder on November 24, 2003, 08:35:46 PM ---I use Maxell 60m Made-in-the-USA and an occasionaly 90m if I must.  I usually buy them from Cascade Media.

--- End quote ---

Forgot to note these are DDS tapes, HS-4/60s and /90s.  There's a link to CM's TS.com special pricing page in the Retail forum, and probably a Sonic Sense like in there, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version