Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MAC NEWBIE needs help tracking a 16/44 wave file  (Read 10526 times)

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
Re: MAC NEWBIE needs help tracking a 16/44 wave file
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 10:30:14 AM »
EDIT (15 minutes later):  jeezus h krist on a freakin popsycle stick that was easy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 10:41:39 AM »
the downside to audacity is you can not move or delete a label marker once you place it and make the next "command" so if you get to the end and find out somethings wrong you have to start over
otherwise its pretty easy
convert to 16/44.1 (if you have a files thats something else)
set the "play line" where you want the marker (label audacity calls it)
hit shift b
once you have all your markers goto export muli
name the files and bam

I can delete mine, whats your malfunction?   :)

Create two labels, then on the box that drops down where you would type something goofy for a "label", highlight that area, it should change color on your selection, then hit delete and the label and track marker are deleted.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 01:36:11 PM »
the downside to audacity is you can not move or delete a label marker once you place it and make the next "command" so if you get to the end and find out somethings wrong you have to start over
hit shift b
name the files and bam

Create two labels, then on the box that drops down where you would type something goofy for a "label", highlight that area, it should change color on your selection, then hit delete and the label and track marker are deleted.
???
are you using "control b" to place a label?
there is no drop down for each label and you can not highlight it
the only drop down is on far left and the options are name (for the entire label bar), font, move track up/down (which simply puts the label bar on the top or bottom of the wav file)
the only highlight i can do is click the label and it turns white allowing you to type in a name for that single label

also i'm on 1.2.5 not the beta version
maybe thats the difference
if you are on the beta version has it been stable?
does it work basically the same?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 01:40:34 PM by willndmb »
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

runonce

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 06:58:29 PM »

I think the 1.3.x version is very stable.
Work flow is the same - just more/better features...(like saving to flac)

Offline dean

• Akustische u. Kino-Geräte!!!!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • The Dude abides...
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2009, 07:18:58 PM »
hit shift b
name the files and bam

I'm with willndmb on this one - confused, and have never been able to delete a label in Audacity.  Can you explain that in a bit more detail?  The dropdown to which you refer isn't something I've noticed at all.  And why "create two labels"?  In any event, if you can provide some more details I'd appreciate it.
Light weight: Sound Pro AT 831 or MBHO's > tinybox > D7 or Samson PM4's > Denecke PS-2 > D7
Slutty weight:  [MBHO MBP 603A + (KA100LK/KA200N/KA500HN)] and/or [AKG C 414 b xls (omni/sub-card/card/hyp/8)]  > Hi Ho Silver xlr's/other xlr's > Oade T & W Mod R-4 or UA-5 (BM2p+ mod.) or JB3 or D7

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deanlambrecht

runonce

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2009, 09:07:11 PM »
I think they want to delete the marker - not the whole track.

1.3.9 was just released at the begining of the month - (I dont recall if these features were in 1.3.7)

The dropdown path for deleting is - Tracks>Edit Labels (I think you have to actually name the labels to make this work properly)

I think you can move the track by sliding the marker one way or the other.

Offline dean

• Akustische u. Kino-Geräte!!!!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • The Dude abides...
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 07:44:34 PM »
I think they want to delete the marker - not the whole track.

1.3.9 was just released at the begining of the month - (I dont recall if these features were in 1.3.7)

The dropdown path for deleting is - Tracks>Edit Labels (I think you have to actually name the labels to make this work properly)

I think you can move the track by sliding the marker one way or the other.

Must have to name the labels, as when I select a marker I don't have an option anywhere to delete.
Light weight: Sound Pro AT 831 or MBHO's > tinybox > D7 or Samson PM4's > Denecke PS-2 > D7
Slutty weight:  [MBHO MBP 603A + (KA100LK/KA200N/KA500HN)] and/or [AKG C 414 b xls (omni/sub-card/card/hyp/8)]  > Hi Ho Silver xlr's/other xlr's > Oade T & W Mod R-4 or UA-5 (BM2p+ mod.) or JB3 or D7

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deanlambrecht

Offline page

• #TeamRetired
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2009, 04:33:37 PM »

I think thats the big difference, I went from 1.2.6 I think to 1.3.7 and found some stuff had been redone. All directions I can provide are based off of the beta version. For stability, the only time I've had problems have been when I've done dumb crap, like open 2 files, hit play in A, then bring up the window for B and hit play there. That will cause it to crash rather reliably, actually hitting play in A, and then doing *anything* with B while A is still playing causes it to die I think.

If you want directions for how to delete labels on the beta version, I can do screenshots tonight.

Can you explain that in a bit more detail?  The dropdown to which you refer isn't something I've noticed at all.  And why "create two labels"?  In any event, if you can provide some more details I'd appreciate it.

creation of two labels was purely for illustrative purposes. I'll see if I can do better instructions tonight. Till then, the Audacity Wiki has a decent writeup about it with notes on different versions.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

Offline willndmb

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2009, 08:50:10 AM »
sounds like i'll give the beta a try if you7 guys think its pretty stable
the label delete option would be worth it alone
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)

Offline page

• #TeamRetired
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2009, 09:40:32 AM »
sounds like i'll give the beta a try if you7 guys think its pretty stable
the label delete option would be worth it alone

Theres a way on 1.2.6, but it's different (you have to delete all of the label text, then hit enter or something). If you can't figure it out for the older version, then upgrade. There are some other helpful bits (like the ability to do work while it's still loading).

Offline willndmb

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2009, 10:31:32 AM »
WOW this is great
thanks a lot

i figured out why it didn't work before
my keyboard has return and enter you need to hit enter to delete
return just takes you out of the "edit"

Offline Big Perm

• Trade Count: (67)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Rage, Rest, work a lot, Repeat
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009, 09:10:18 PM »
can I convert my 24/48 to 16/44.1 in Sound Studio on my MAC?
Mics: Schoeps mk4v| mk41v | mk22 | mk8 & mk5 (m/s)
         Schoeps m222> nt222dc (x2)
         Schoeps cmc 1k (x2)
         Schoeps vst62iu (x2)
         Schoeps KCY 250/5 IG (x2) Schoeps KC 5g (x2)
         DPA 4015c
Pre’s: Sonosax SX-M2D2
         Aeta PSP-3
         E.A.A. PSP-2
Recorder: Sonosax sx-r4+, SD702, Sony m10

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2009, 09:18:06 PM »
Yes. Open the file, click on the bit depth/sample rate in the bottom bar of the file's window to bring up the "resample sound" dialogue, and choose your desired conversion settings.
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Bongo Bongo
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2011, 01:00:45 AM »
is there a way using Sound Studio 3 to only save certain tracks from a long file? For example in CDWAV we can use the checkboxes to just save certain tracks while leaving out pre-set and end-of-set "tracks". How do y'all deal with the tracks you don't want to save?

I use Sound Studio 3...really long and generous trial period so I'd at least try that out. Here's how I track once you have the file open...

1) Command-0 will zoom out to see the full waveform in the window. Zoom in using Command-+ until you can pick out more or less where individual songs begin (Command-- will zoom back out one step).
2) Click to position the cursor where the song begins. Hit space to start playing, and use the arrow keys to move the cursor around until you're exactly where you want to split the first track (space will always start playing from the cursor, so you can keep moving around and hitting space to find the exact spot you want).
3) Make sure the cursor is stopped and hit Command-M to drop your first marker.
4) Repeat steps 2 & 3 for the rest of your markers. Add fade-in/fade-outs as desired as well (under the Filter menu).
5) Click Edit > Split by Markers, choose your output folder, and watch the program churn away as it splits your files.

That'll get you tracked files. Then fire up xACT (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14246) to encode and fix SBE's in one step on the "fix SBE" tab - just drop the tracked files there, select FLAC as your output, hit "Fix" and you're golden.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 01:03:51 AM by BC »
In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

nl

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2011, 07:45:55 AM »
is there a way using Sound Studio 3 to only save certain tracks from a long file?

In Sound Studio 3.6, select the audio or track you want to export, then File > Save Selection As.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.108 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com