Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: You must download your personalized torrent before you may begin seeding.  (Read 8407 times)

Offline Hypnocracy

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Hypnocratic Missionary
    • Hypno on teh LMA
First time seeding a brand new show to The Traders Den...upload was rocky...had to use TLH to create the Torrent File...got errors with uTorrent...completed the Upload page now I see this on my thread....

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?torr=true&p=1755484#post1755484

YOUR SHOW WAS SUCCESSFULLY UPLOADED
You must download your personalized torrent before you may begin seeding.

So I click the Torrent link download it...open in uTorrent and TTD control panel shows ME as a leecher and no uploaders...uTorrent the same it shows 0% download and not seeding...

WTF have I done wrong...how can I inform uTorrent the files are all ready on the hard drive and start seeding

This must be heaven -- 'cause here's where the rainbow ends
If this ain't the real thing, then it's close enough to pretend

Offline Crumbo

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
make sure your point it to the folder the flac files are in :)
Mics: AKG ck63
Cables: nBob actives
Preamp: nbox platinum II
Recorders:  Sony PCM-M10, Edirol R-05

Offline Hypnocracy

• Site Supporter
  • Hypnocratic Missionary
    • Hypno on teh LMA
Crumbo...it is strange...when I add the Torrent it shows downloading...0%...NEVER uploading....when I click on "Containing Folder" I see the folder with all the FLAC files...I even copied them to be loose in that directory that opens...no luck

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
make sure your point it to the folder the flac files are in :)

This^^^^   When you first D/L the torrent you must direct it to download into the existing folder that you seeded from.  It should then go thru chaecking seed mprocess and  after that you will show as a seeder

Offline brad.bartels

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Regular
Just to clarify, you need to open the personalized torrent file that you download. It is different from your original torrent file. I'm using a different client, but I think the process should be the same. Here is what I do:

1. create torrent file and open it in your client to check it - it should go to seeding status
2. remove this file from client
3. upload to torrent site (TTD, Dime, etc.)
4. download the personalized torrent file, open it in your client and point it to the files - it should check everything and then show you as a seeder

Just make sure that you are using the personalized torrent file that you downloaded from the torrent site and not the original one.

Hope that helps - good luck.

Offline Hypnocracy

• Site Supporter
  • Hypnocratic Missionary
    • Hypno on teh LMA
Ok after 5hrs of trying I think I understand what to do...and have successfully completed the first Seeded Torrent

New Question on my Second Torrent...at set up why is it hung at 99.99% download on the second NEW Seeded torrent I'm hoping to upload

runonce

• Trade Count: (0)
Ok after 5hrs of trying I think I understand what to do...and have successfully completed the first Seeded Torrent

New Question on my Second Torrent...at set up why is it hung at 99.99% download on the second NEW Seeded torrent I'm hoping to upload

Did you edit a text file or something after creating the torrent?

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!

Did you edit a text file or something after creating the torrent?

Sometimes the Text File gets slightly corrupted (saved after creating torrent, etc).  You can tell if this happened b/c all your files will go to 100% except the text file (stuck at 99.9%)...

Easy fix is to just make a new Torrent file and use that one... 

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Hypnocracy

• Site Supporter
  • Hypnocratic Missionary
    • Hypno on teh LMA
TWatts...it is hanging on the last few percentages of the last FLAC when I direct it to the files on My Hard Drive...if I make an new Torrent (using the same files) everything is OK...but Traders Den has this special Personalized Torrent you must use...that is the one that hangs....

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
TWatts...it is hanging on the last few percentages of the last FLAC when I direct it to the files on My Hard Drive...if I make an new Torrent (using the same files) everything is OK...but Traders Den has this special Personalized Torrent you must use...that is the one that hangs....

Yeah, I bet you still had your FFP and TXT open when you made the Torrent, then closed them.  For some reason, that sometimes messes things up...  And the reason you last music file doesn't go 100% is b/c Torrent reads data in chunks, that part of the music file being in the last chunk...  Or at least I think so...  I've been doing this crap for years and that's the only thing I can think of...

Anyways, I've only done tTD a few times...  Maybe you can delete the Thread on tTD and then start completely over??? 

Don't worry about it too much.  By the time you do your 5th Torrent, you'll be a Pro...  Its really easy once you figure out your work-flow...  And no worries if you have to delete a Torrent and start over.  If tTD Mods get mad, just give them the straight up explanation and they should let you off easy...  We were all noobs once!

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
Yeah, I bet you still had your FFP and TXT open when you made the Torrent, then closed them.  For some reason, that sometimes messes things up...  And the reason you last music file doesn't go 100% is b/c Torrent reads data in chunks, that part of the music file being in the last chunk...  Or at least I think so...  I've been doing this crap for years and that's the only thing I can think of...

Terry's right about the above. Second, Brad's right, the easiest way around the personalized torrent issue (which I'll explain below) is just to upload it to the site, and then click on the download link there (don't use the one you created initially).

So what's a personalized torrent? On sites that track ratios, the most common way is to assign this jumbo id and embed that in the torrent file for each person. So when I click the download link on your AKUS torrent, I get a different file than you get if you click that link. So when your client loads it up and downloads stuff, it talks to the tracker and it sends that information back to HQ which keeps track of your ratio. Now, there are ways to get around having to download that torrent file and instead use the one you create, but it requires that you know that cryptic id (some sites its as long as 40 characters) and know where to put that in the tracker URL that you type/paste in when you make the torrent file.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
I am new to seeding as well, is there a generic work flow for like eTree somewhere ? I have a few shows that I would like to get out to folks but I am kinda "new" to seeding. Thanks for all of the above info !!
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline newplanet7

• Hasn't heard a muddy 460/480 tape. EVER. Mike Hawk
  • The Place To Be...... Akustische u. Kino-Geräte
I am new to seeding as well, is there a generic work flow for like eTree somewhere ? I have a few shows that I would like to get out to folks but I am kinda "new" to seeding. Thanks for all of the above info !!
I have an illustrated utorrent guide to use with etree and the like with screenshots.
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=127144.msg1685678#msg1685678
MILAB VM-44 Classic~> Silver T's~> Busman PMD660
News From Phish: Will tour as opening act for Widespread Panic for Summer
hahaha never happen, PHiSH is waaaaayyyy better the WSP

They both ain't got nothing on MMW... Money spent wisely if you ask me...

FYI, it is a kick ass recording of a bunch of pretend-a-hippies talking.

Offline bryonsos

• Omni addict
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • If it's important, tell me to write it down.
    • LMA uploads
It seems you've got the hang of it Rusty!
Mics: 3 Zigma Chi HA-FX (COL-251, c, h, o-d, o-f) / Avenson STO-2 / Countryman B3s
Pres: CA-Ugly / Naiant Tinyhead / SD MixPre
Decks: Roland R-44 / Sony PCM-M10
GAKables
Dead Muppets

My recordings LMA / BT / TTD

Offline Hypnocracy

• Site Supporter
  • Hypnocratic Missionary
    • Hypno on teh LMA
Yeah that had to be it...open Text and FFP File while I made the Torrent...I shut down and restarted for the second try....that closed those two file's for the Remake of the Torrent...

So what's a personalized torrent?
Page...my limited understanding is a Personalized Torrent on TTD is the Torrent Linked on the thread...I have to download it just like everyone else and link it to the files on my hard drive for that site to show me as a Seeder on the initial upload...I can not use the Torrent file I made and uploaded  to TTD...

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
So what's a personalized torrent?
Page...my limited understanding is a Personalized Torrent on TTD is the Torrent Linked on the thread...I have to download it just like everyone else and link it to the files on my hard drive for that site to show me as a Seeder on the initial upload...I can not use the Torrent file I made and uploaded  to TTD...

sorry, that was a rhetorical question to open the rest of that paragraph.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
I have an illustrated utorrent guide to use with etree and the like with screenshots.

Sweet and thanks a ton !
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline newplanet7

Sweet and thanks a ton !
Let me know how it works out for ya!!

Offline newplanet7

Another thanks goes out to Beee-Rai  ::::said in best Stewie voice::::
for making a sticky for my "Uploading to trackers with Utorrent/bittorrent" instructions, with suite screenshot pics.
It's now added to the sticky in the  Post-Processing and Computers / Internet Devices & Related Activity forum here:
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=117279.0

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 47 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com