Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cracked Sony Bravia LCD Screen  (Read 15479 times)

Offline achalsey

• Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
Cracked Sony Bravia LCD Screen
« on: March 22, 2010, 02:14:12 AM »
ssia, so: is this worth trying to fix or too costly to even worry about?

BTW, grabbed it for free (owners where throwing it out), and will split the cost with my brother, so question is: is it cost effective throwing down for repairs for a pretty nice 54" TV that I so far have no money invested in?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 05:34:13 AM by achalsey »

Offline achalsey

• Trade Count: (29)
Cracked Sony Bravia LCD Screen
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 06:13:16 PM »
(I tried this in the "open forum" but wasn't getting any bites.  Thought this might be a better board for it.)

I grabbed this from a neighbor who was throwing it out.  The screen is pretty badly smash, and I know nothing about replacing this sort of thing.  Its a 52" so if getting the screen replaced would be significantly cheaper than a new one, I would love to have a huge TV.
I googled around a bit and it seems as though its not particularly worth it, so if anyone has any input on possible solutions or places to look, it would be much appreciated. 
Thanks.

Offline schoepsnbox

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Nbox...........Zero's and One's
Re: Cracked Sony Bravia LCD Screen
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 10:43:19 PM »
Got a friend who has the same issue..his 3yr old busted the lcd sceen shooting at it with a toy gun..he was devastated.

The issue here is the part is going to cost more than it would cost to buy a new set..probably worth some money in parts though. Strip it down and use that money toward a new one. Good luck!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 10:36:34 AM by schoepsnbox »

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 11:39:32 AM »
I have a 52" Sony LCD. Pixels started going out in a stripe that is now a foot long near the top of the screen. The stripe is on 1/8" tall. Sony said a new LCD would be $4000.  That is more then I paid for the TV. It is now my breakfast room TV.  :-\
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

mfrench

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 12:12:55 PM »
one of my happier days recently was when I pushed my SonyPOS over the lip and into the dumpster to make room for a new Vizio.
The same thing was happening as above, as coloartist experienced - fixed once under warranty, then it happened again to the fixed component.

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 01:39:49 PM »
one of my happier days recently was when I pushed my SonyPOS over the lip and into the dumpster to make room for a new Vizio.
The same thing was happening as above, as coloartist experienced - fixed once under warranty, then it happened again to the fixed component.

I used to like Sony. I have vowed to never buy anything Sony ever again.
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.126 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com