Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone ever order from church audio?  (Read 27017 times)

Offline bonghitwillie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Anyone ever order from church audio?
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2023, 09:26:31 PM »
turns out i have 2 sets of the cardioid mics and 2 ugly battery boxes. everything is 1/8" trs.
1 ugly box seems to convert the 2 mics to 2 channel mono out. i guess the box is bad.

i recorded a moderately loud show using an r9 going mic in with the r9 internal mic power. the signal level with the r9 mic level switch at low gain was pretty low. i had the r9 mic level gain at 100%. then i switched to high level mic gain and got more gain out of it. i guess those mics need alot of pre amp gain.

does it make sense to get a sound pro battery box that puts out 9v? will i get more gain?

also, i mainly stealth record. how do you use mic clips and have the mics face directly at the sound source? the show i recorded i was close to the stack and i clipped the mics to a backpack and pointed them straight. but clipping to a shirt might be hard to aim. does it matter if they are off axis with the sound source? i guess you could gaff tape them to a balcony rail or a wall or a pole.

thanks in advance for all replies

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2023, 12:30:56 AM »
I use the Sound Pros 12v spsb10 mini battery box with mine. For cardioid mics you want to point them toward the source. Aiming them matters with directional mics. I usually roll a few straps of gaffers tape around my lighter then use that to attach the mics to something - a seat, a column or railing, etc. I don't wear them ever so can't help with that but I have used a hat sitting on something and taped them to the bill. Mine don't have clips.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 09:47:45 AM by goodcooker »
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline guitard

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2023, 08:12:28 AM »
i mainly stealth record. how do you use mic clips and have the mics face directly at the sound source?

Before I adopted my Kangaroo friend, I used croakies in the past.  There are pictures from Church's website:

Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com