Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Avoiding a JB3 boom  (Read 2460 times)

Offline RossHendry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
Avoiding a JB3 boom
« on: March 31, 2004, 03:19:35 PM »
Okay, situation is that I will (at some point in the future when the damn power supply turns up!) be using a pair of Behringer B-5s and my JB3 to do some recording.  I don't currently have a pre-amp so as suggested by a member of this board (whose name escapes me) I bought a couple of line transformers.  These apparently increase the impedance from 250-50k ohms.  

These figures won't result in a boom factor will they?  I don't wish to seem like I don't believe the original poster, I'm just paranoid is all.  

With any luck, I'll be taping SCI in Glasgow tomorrow night but if the phantom power and cables don't turn up then I can't be bothered taking along the cheapo off-the-shelf mic I've been using up till now.  Reckon I'll just go for a dance instead!  

Offline mirth

• Needs to get out more...
  • Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
Re:Avoiding a JB3 boom
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 04:26:38 PM »
I believe the BOOOOOOOOM! factor only applies to electrical power, but I've been known to be wrong in the past.
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

BobW

Re:Avoiding a JB3 boom
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 10:46:08 PM »

With any luck, I'll be taping SCI in Glasgow tomorrow night but if the phantom power and cables don't turn up then I can't be bothered taking along the cheapo off-the-shelf mic I've been using up till now.  Reckon I'll just go for a dance instead!  

They'll be tapes in circulation.
I'd dance my ass off !

Don't bump into the stands  ::)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.167 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com