Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DPA 4022  (Read 5895 times)

Offline JD

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: DPA 4022
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 10:22:30 AM »
what do y'all use for screens in windy environments when running 4022's ortf (with the dpa cxo4000 mount) and also when using the csm4000 shock mounts?

i'm currently using a pair of dpa ua0896 screens but they don't stay on the caps very well, with either the ortf/xy combo mount or the dpa shocks.  there isn't enough of the cap exposed past the mounts for the screens to get a secure hold and they fall off from even the slightest bump to the stand.

I have used the smaller DUA0020 DPA windscreens with some home-made dead rats that came with the mics--still got a little wind noise.

I ran a bluegrass festival last weekend with the larger DPA windscreens (not sure of the number) In similar conditions, they worked much better than the small windscreen / dead rat combo. I'm thinking of getting dead rats made for the large screens as well.

I have used both windscreens in both of the holders/mounts you mentioned with out any problems. With the CSM4000 you have to push the mic all the way up so the rubber mount is on the very back of the mic body. Mine stay on fairly good, but I'm still considering putting rubber bands around the windscreens for added security.

It might be possible to get some dead rats made with two tabs of Velcro out the back that could go around either style mount to hold the whole works together.
Mics: DPA 4022, 4060; Nevaton MC51, MCE400; Gefell sms2000, m20, m21, m27
Pres: DPA MMA6000; Grace V2; Portico 5012; Sonosax SX-M2
Recorders: Edirol R09hr, Sound Devices 722

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bongo Bongo
Re: DPA 4022
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 03:15:17 PM »
what do y'all use for screens in windy environments when running 4022's ortf (with the dpa cxo4000 mount) and also when using the csm4000 shock mounts?

i'm currently using a pair of dpa ua0896 screens but they don't stay on the caps very well, with either the ortf/xy combo mount or the dpa shocks.  there isn't enough of the cap exposed past the mounts for the screens to get a secure hold and they fall off from even the slightest bump to the stand.

I also use the ua0896, maybe you can push em' on a little deeper? I have never had one fall off before.

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com