Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: help figuring out best way to hook ipod/sat radio up to factory stereo?  (Read 2431 times)

Offline save

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • blah blah blah
i've got sirius radio in my jeep now but it's hooked up wireless via fm and it sounds like crap.  i'd like to be able to to run aux in to my stereo and just have rca's or 1/8 stereo to hook up to my ipod/sat radio.  i talked to best buy and they  don't have a clue what i want....they're trying to sell me crap i dont' need and charge $75/hr to install.  anybody have an easy suggestion on how to do this?  i have a 2000 jeep grand cherokee w/ a factory cd/tape player.

thanks,
justin
save

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Real men wear kilts.
I didn't see Jeep listed on the short list of auto makers on the above site. Any chance the factory stereo has a slot for a CD Changer? Otherwise, I think you may be limited to either a cassette adaptor, or getting a new unit.

"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
googling "ipod jeep grand cherokee" brought up the following -- http://store.yahoo.com/logjam/piechry98pcpod.html

as well as a few others -- looks like the jeep uses a dodge radio . . . and that a direct ipod connection is no problem

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Bongo Bongo
maybe get a head unit that has a 1/8" stereo input on the front?

I am surprised more head units do not have this feature, a friend of mine got one through Crutchfield.

Good luck,
Ben

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline slightlys

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  i talked to best buy and they  don't have a clue what i want....they're trying to sell me crap i dont' need and charge $75/hr to install. 
I fucking hate the employees at best buy they never have a clue when I talk to them so I have learned to not talk to any employees.
Peluso CEMC6>Bumblebee MiAGi-II silver clad cables>Bm2p+ mod UA-5 >  OCM R-44

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star

Offline todd e

• Trade Count: (3)
  • ***Team Schoeps***
there are two really good suggestions on this thread, for you.  i wish subaru had an option, for the nomad.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com