Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-09 question...  (Read 4488 times)

Offline EJochen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Edirol R-09 question...
« on: April 25, 2008, 09:15:40 PM »
I plan on getting an Edirol R-09 during the summer and recording some concerts, I checked the FAQ for this but wasn't able to find any info, but do metal detectors, wands or walkthroughs pick this up? The size is perfect for some crotch action, but it's got to get through metal detectors. Thanks.

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Edirol R-09 question...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 09:44:13 PM »
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline EJochen

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 10:38:19 PM »
Thank you, master.

Offline itook2much

• Taperssection All-Star
  • AKA rspencer
    • my masters
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 12:30:55 AM »
Two tips (from experience):

01.  ALWAYS make sure you've hit record twice (once only puts it into record-standby).
Ace Frehley  2007-12-29...haven't seen a source show up yet.  :-\

02.  ALWAYS use the hold switch.  Forgot to do so, managed to catch a stellar 25 seconds or so before I was jostled & apparently the button was hit to put the R-09 into record-pause.
Lou Reed 2008-04-25, tonight   :bawling:
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > CS BB > Edirol R-09

Backups:  DPA 4060 (1/8"), SP-BMC-2, SP-SPSB-6, Sony MZ-NH1

Quote from: tomluvsgiants
rule #1 - get the show taped
rule #2 - see rule #1    >:D

Quote from: Grace Hopper
“If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.”

Offline intpseeker

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Member
  • In music the passions enjoy themselves
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 01:40:56 AM »

01.  ALWAYS make sure you've hit record twice (once only puts it into record-standby).
Ace Frehley  2007-12-29...haven't seen a source show up yet.  :-\

02.  ALWAYS use the hold switch.  Forgot to do so, managed to catch a stellar 25 seconds or so before I was jostled & apparently the button was hit to put the R-09 into record-pause.
Lou Reed 2008-04-25, tonight   :bawling:

+t for your tips
Mics:        Akg 451 eb A51's, ck-1's, ck-2's, ck 8's
                Peluso CEMC6 MK2, MK4, MK21, MK41
                AKG 391
                CA-11 cards and omnis
Pre:          ST-9100
Cables:     XTC Silvers, DT47-12's
Recorders: ACM PMD660
                 Busman modded R-4
                 PCM-M10
                 DR-70D
                 Church modded R-09 micsketeer
“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” - Bob Marley

Offline jamroom

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 10:40:16 AM »

Snap - been there - done that - won't get fooled again. Heed those words!

Offline digifish_music

• Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 08:10:56 PM »

Twice? I hit it about 5 times :)
- What's this knob do?

Offline itook2much

• Taperssection All-Star
  • AKA rspencer
    • my masters
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 09:32:32 PM »

Twice? I hit it about 5 times :)

Hell, I'm about ready to buy a 16GB card & start recording before I leave home...just plug in the mics when I get there.  The ultimate "set-it-and-forget-it." :)
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > CS BB > Edirol R-09

Backups:  DPA 4060 (1/8"), SP-BMC-2, SP-SPSB-6, Sony MZ-NH1

Quote from: tomluvsgiants
rule #1 - get the show taped
rule #2 - see rule #1    >:D

Quote from: Grace Hopper
“If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.”

Offline GrandMasterMark

• Taperssection Newbie
  • Hold still my sexy little mule!
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 10:46:07 PM »
I don't think that the firmware on the R-09 will support a 16 gig chip. I think that 8 gigs is the max? Anyone?
LIVE MP3s?!? Disclaimer: If you're anything like me, you'll utterly hate how this shit sounds, which is no offense to (names removed), who have been to too many shows with their digital toys to NOT make me feel guilty about not playing better. But like I keep telling them, live music is for listening to live where bodies, surfaces and beer absorb the blemishes, and recorded music, well, that's why you fucking go to a studio to make your records, right? Nevertheless, in the interest of full disclosure, and because some people dig this shit, here's a few nuggets of live joy, some old shit, some new, some borrowed and no goddamn blues, because I'm white and have more respect for BLAH BLah blah

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 11:46:44 PM »
16Gig class 6 Transcend works fine. ~14.5 hrs @ 24/48.  Only issue is the total remaining time available display counts down as if it were a 8Gig card, then resets and counts down again once past the 8gig point.  No problem with the file spanning that point.  Many users would not even notice it.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline jamroom

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 07:26:05 AM »
16Gig class 6 Transcend works fine. ~14.5 hrs @ 24/48.  Only issue is the total remaining time available display counts down as if it were a 8Gig card, then resets and counts down again once past the 8gig point.  No problem with the file spanning that point.  Many users would not even notice it.

I knew that 16gb cards were fine, but wasn't aware of the remaining time anomaly - good to know in advance - thanks for the info.

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 06:01:52 PM »
I don't think that the firmware on the R-09 will support a 16 gig chip. I think that 8 gigs is the max? Anyone?

I emailed Edirol and they said they don't know if there will be another firmware update to officially support 16gb SDHC cards. 

Offline Jeremy Lykins

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 09:45:50 PM »

+T  Thanks for the info!  I'll be purchasing a 16GB card in the next few weeks and I would've freaked out if I wouldn't have known this. 

And you guys should get ready for a big sale on 16GB cards, because I guarantee that as soon as I buy mine there's gonna be a huge sale on 'em.  Never fails.  >:(

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 08:22:55 PM »
And you guys should get ready for a big sale on 16GB cards, because I guarantee that as soon as I buy mine there's gonna be a huge sale on 'em.  Never fails.  >:(

Don't worry, there shouldn't be any major price drops on 16gb SDHC since the 32gb cards have not yet started to trickle in yet, and will be $300+ retail (Panasonic and Toshiba).  Transcend's 16gb has gone up $8 since I bought mine at Amazon a few weeks ago ;)

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 06:26:25 PM »
I paid $70 shipped for a PQI 16GB sdhc card + card reader on eBay.  The PQI card works flawlessly with the R09.  Formatting took about 20 seconds.  That's pretty fast for such a big card.  Ran the R09 over night, using on board mics.  R09 chopped out six 2GB tracks @ 24/44.1 before the batteries ran out.  I reformatted and ran the test again.  Again, it recorded flawlessly.

NOTE:  timer only shows for a 8gb card.  For festies, you'll need to add up your times to know how much you have left on the card.   
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 06:41:49 PM by spyder9 »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com