Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Incomplete Recordings  (Read 6182 times)

Offline jamroom

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Incomplete Recordings
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 10:40:08 AM »
The worst recording is the one that's never made. Most fans love anything they can get from their favorite bands, complete or not.

Too right!

I have a number of incomplete recordings, but some are stellar performances. It would be a real waste not to share them on that basis.

Offline Seth01

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 02:32:28 AM »
Yup, I'm pretty much going to have to go with everyone else here...release what you got...it's better than nothing.
Mics: Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4, CA-14 cards, CA-11 omnis, CAFS, Naiant X-X omnis, AT853 cards (with 4.7k mod)
Pres: Naiant Bigbox, CA-9100, CA-UGLY, Naiant Tinyhead
Recorders: Sony M-10, Zoom H4n, Edirol R-09 (retired)
Archive
eTree
Dime
YouTube Channel

Offline MSTaper

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 11:16:58 PM »
My son taped Buffalo Springfield at Bonnaroo and accidentally hit the stop button while trying to protect the gear from rain, but started back pretty quickly. Only missed a minute or so from one track, so I pieced it together and uploaded the show with a note about the affected track. It's been downloaded several hundred times on etree (before it was pulled) and now on The Traders' Den. It's the only source until someone adds theirs. Did the same with a Grace Potter set from Bonnaroo 2011 where the taper had trouble getting into Centeroo with his gear  ::)  but only missed about a minute of the first track. I faded in and added a note. Again. It's the only one until someone else uploads another. I don't see a problem with it unless a particular site doesn't want anything but perfect recordings, at least as far as having all tracks intact. I don't like to do it, but I will if not to too much is lost. I doubt I'd upload say a first set of a Panic show unless it was absolutely the only source, which is highly unlikely!  ;)

MStaper
Church Audio CA-11, Avantone CK-1
Edirol UA-5
Edirol R-09, Fostex FR-2LE

12/13 Patterson Hood - Florence, Ala.

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 10:01:50 AM »
I know this is beating a dead horse because everyone has supported putting out the incomplete recording, but one additional point to add to that is that alot of the early Dick's Picks were only portions of a Dead show.  If the concept is good enough for commercial release of Dicks Picks, nobody should object for other bands either.

Offline TNJazz

• Ninja
  • Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Those who know, know."
    • NINJA DYNAMITE
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 01:34:20 PM »
Not that I ever really circulate anything I record anyway, but what's the big deal?  If your goal is to put your music recordings out there, then put whatever you have out there.  We have lots of incomplete stuff but if we ever did put it out I wouldn't bother mixing it with youtube video or lossy audio - what's the point really?  Storage is so cheap there's no real reason to blend up good sources with crap sources just for the sake of having a "complete" show.  In cases like that I have two subfolders in my directory - one for my audio and one for whatever else I decide I need to have to "complete" the show.

Just my .02 for whatever it's worth (not much)
Check out my band!  --> http://www.ninjadynamite.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com