Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Software to use with a Tascom IM2 on iPhone  (Read 2141 times)

Offline dvlane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Software to use with a Tascom IM2 on iPhone
« on: October 19, 2012, 04:49:13 PM »
I have ordered a Tascom IM2 for my iPhone and don't know what software I should download to use with it.  I downloaded Wave Pad because I have used it on my PC to edit sound files when buring CD's.  I know the iPhone may not be the best taping device, but I have been to a lot of shows that were not  taped and I could never get a copy of the show I attended, e.g. 7 walkers and Mickey Hart both in the past year.  I also am starting to see more shows from venues like Phil's terrapin crossroads that have no-taper policies being taped on iPhones and shared on archive.org.  Some sound good enough to get me to spend $60 on the mike rig.    The other software I heard about was Twisted Wave, but it costs $10 and WavePad was free, but I'll glady spend the money if it produces better results.  Any advice about software or effective ways to use my iPhone greatly appreciated.
Beer is proof god loves us and wants us to be happy!

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
Re: Software to use with a Tascom IM2 on iPhone
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 05:23:44 PM »
Don't you mean Tascam ???
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline sunjan

• Taping since 1988, 28 years of fine recordings...
    • Just a handful of stuff I put on etree
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 08:45:18 AM »
Blue Fire:
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/free-audio-recorder-iphone/

Blue Fire is the freeware version of FiRe, by Audiofile Engineering. Use the search here for a dedicated thread.
http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/fire/
Mics: A-51s LE, CK 930, Line Audo CM3, AT853Rx (hc,c,sc),  ECM 121, ECM 909A
Pres: Tinybox, CA-9100, UA5 wmod
Recorders: M10, H116 (CF mod), H340, NJB3
Gearbag: High Sierra Corkscrew
MD transfers: MZ-RH1. Tape transfers: Nak DR-1
Photo rig: Nikon D70, 18-70mm/3.5-4.5, SB-800

Offline dvlane

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 05:02:24 PM »
Thanks for the advice.  Yes, I meant Tascam, not Tascom.  I get so used to typing the word .com that my fingers get ahead of my brain.  iTunes says that Blue Fire is not available in the US??  They do have Fire available for $5.99 and if it is really best I don't mind spending a few bucks on it.  I am currently using WavePad which was free and seems to work.   It allows me to record and save .wav files at 44.1KHz, 32bit.  I was also looking at TwistedWave which costs $10.  If either of these paid software versions all me to record and save at a higher sample rate I'll get them right now.  I don't seem to find this information on the write ups.  I use Acid Music Studio after I upload to my computer, so I really don't need any special features on my iPhone software, only the best possible recording.

Beer is proof god loves us and wants us to be happy!

Offline achalsey

• Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 12:09:48 PM »
You could try emailing spunterrapin.  He doesn't seem to be on TS, and not sure if this is an active email, but its what he uses for his etree account and hes taped lots of Phil and Friends shows with the iPhone and tascam combo.  You could ask him what he uses.

spunterrapin@spunturtle.net

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com