Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: carrying / storing cables  (Read 1313 times)

Offline spcyrfc

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Live from River City
    • BordersCrossing.net
carrying / storing cables
« on: July 26, 2004, 08:54:58 PM »
Well ive been running around with my 6 foot cables cause i have not had occasion for the 25' ones yet.  But even the 6fters are providing plenty of hassle.  right now ive got both sets coiled up in a healthy circle with string attached just below the male XLR - then i wrap the string around the rest of the coil and this secures them pretty well.  but it seems like there must be a better way.
How do you seasoned tapers carry your cables - in what sort of bag, coils, spools, etc.?
How do you store them?
how small can the coil be without damaging the cables?

For the 5 footers, the fit in the front pocket of my Nova AW 5 without bending.  but the 25's wont.

thanks for the advice.
mkh8040>aerco mp-2>pcmd-50
PFS: AKG 414xls

Record Local

www.borderscrossing.net

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: carrying / storing cables
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 09:09:04 PM »
I wrap my 25' cables with the over/under technique. It fits in my bag w/o being crushed. If it won't fit in yours and your bag has a detachable strap, you can hook them to the strap and let them hang.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline sexymexi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
Re: carrying / storing cables
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 11:10:46 PM »
nice one moke, and tim  +T's.  Its a kinda weird, but when you bring the cable around in a circle, you have to give it a little twist, and it will stay nice all the time.  If you handle you cables like that everytime, they will get a pattern down, and it will want to bend that way every time.  I've been doing that with my stereo effect cables for my guitars for 4 years now, and they still coil up just like they did out of the store. 
AKG 391's > phantom boxes > JB3 or Casio DA-7
Panasonic WM1610 omni's > whatever

Playback: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum > Onkyo TSDX595 > matched Oynix Rockets > Mirage FRX-S8 sub

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com