Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: hm.. Is NOT BTing a show and trading "old school" archaic? (or: am i a bitch 2?)  (Read 7496 times)

Offline Tony B

• Needs more sun.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts.
FWIW, I don't BT. I've seeded one show, and saw it up on ebay a week later...so much for that crap. Hell, I rarely trade, but when I do, you can be assured it's snail mail. Nothing wrong with it--it's how I started trading, and still works the best.

Hey, I tape for myself first as well. Trading a particular show out, or worrying about "getting it out to the community" is pretty much last on my list. Selfish? Maybe. Laziness? Definitely.  :)
Coffee is for Closers

MG m200>AM Hyperconducters>V3>JayBeeThree/h120

taperkat

and it looks like our newest member of the boards is the taper of that bt show.

Hi jon!

Oh: and that jordan guy?

doesn't tape shows.  ::)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2004, 01:52:13 PM by Meow. »

jessedscott

Kat, didn't you go through this once before? You need me to ruffle some feathers and piss some people off, I'm good at it ;D

oh yeah, your such a bitch for taping the show(s) and offering it up to others, that just sucks! +T

taperkat

heee. no thanks but thanks =] I think this has proved i'm pretty damn good at doing it by myself...

sigh.

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Check your PMs, Kat.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline AlphaQuam

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: hm.. Is NOT BTing a show and trading "old school" archaic? (or: am i a bit
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2004, 03:03:14 PM »
I'd just like make a few comments here before my name gets dragged through the mud.

First, I think Brian made some good points in his post here.  Pfife, I have never mentioned other sources in my info files... it's just not something I've done and I haven't come across it before.  It simply hadn't occurred to me.  Perhaps I'll do that in the future, though.  And, please, don't kick my rig.  I just don't have the money to buy anything better.  What I have is good enough for me, and, in my opinion, that's what matters.  Nothing else is going on here... if you question the (subjective) quality then listen to the samples.  Your comments on the torrent page, however, are very well put.

Jordan can be an ass, Kat, and I hate it when people put words in my mouth.  I never said your post or source or anything was undermining my efforts, and I don't believe it was.  How sources could undermine each other, I do not know.  You were nice enough to send me the first track of your source, and I really appreciate that (hence the Modern Troubadours offer).  However, I decided to just let my recording stand on its own... mostly because of work/laziness and the fact that mine was already tracked/faded.

I've never had problems in the past with posting torrents... perhaps I will reconsider my distribution methods for the future.
Audix M1290HC > Edirol UA-5d > JB3

Offline thoman8r

• Proud member of the reality-based community
  • Let's go Pens!
I'd just like make a few comments here before my name gets dragged through the mud.

First, I think Brian made some good points in his post here.  Pfife, I have never mentioned other sources in my info files... it's just not something I've done and I haven't come across it before.  It simply hadn't occurred to me.  Perhaps I'll do that in the future, though.  And, please, don't kick my rig.  I just don't have the money to buy anything better.  What I have is good enough for me, and, in my opinion, that's what matters.  Nothing else is going on here... if you question the (subjective) quality then listen to the samples.  Your comments on the torrent page, however, are very well put.

Jordan can be an ass, Kat, and I hate it when people put words in my mouth.  I never said your post or source or anything was undermining my efforts, and I don't believe it was.  How sources could undermine each other, I do not know.  You were nice enough to send me the first track of your source, and I really appreciate that (hence the Modern Troubadours offer).  However, I decided to just let my recording stand on its own... mostly because of work/laziness and the fact that mine was already tracked/faded.

I've never had problems in the past with posting torrents... perhaps I will reconsider my distribution methods for the future.

Jon, thanks for coming on here and clearing this up.  I did notice that you seemed to be staying out of it, and that your friend seemed to be putting words into your mouth.

Hopefully you'll stick around here for awhile.  We're a good bunch here once you get to know us and, as you can tell, we protect our own. :)

Dave
"No. Don't call me a hero. Do you know who the real heroes are? The guys who wake up every morning and go in their normal jobs and get a distress call from the commissioner and take off their glasses and change into capes and fly around fighting crime. Those are the real heroes."
- Dwight Schrute

taperkat

As a moderator of Liberty, Jon, you realize you can do something about Jordan? And as well, can you please answer the question publicly that I asked - I know you answered it here, but doing it on liberty would give a good slap in the face to Jordan.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2004, 03:15:13 PM »

Pfife, I have never mentioned other sources in my info files... it's just not something I've done and I haven't come across it before.  It simply hadn't occurred to me.  Perhaps I'll do that in the future, though.  And, please, don't kick my rig.  I just don't have the money to buy anything better.  What I have is good enough for me, and, in my opinion, that's what matters.  Nothing else is going on here... if you question the (subjective) quality then listen to the samples.  Your comments on the torrent page, however, are very well put.

Hey- I've gotta apologize... I have a tendency to spout off at the mouth somewhat quicky.... I am just noticing that "jordan_s" is not the person who recorded/seeded the show ;   I would only bash someone else's rig if they were bashing someone elses rig.

Like I said, I have no room to talk...  there's people here that could eat my rig and shit it out, and tape it, and it would sound better than my rig.

Thanks for coming and giving your side/opinions.  You should stick around- we truly are good people here.

+t
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline AlphaQuam

• Taperssection Newbie
It's good to see you guys are understanding (but negative tickets are a bad thing, right?).  It's quite a community you've got here and I'm hopeful I can contribute in a positive way.
Audix M1290HC > Edirol UA-5d > JB3

Offline thoman8r

• Proud member of the reality-based community
  • Let's go Pens!
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2004, 09:42:30 AM »
(but negative tickets are a bad thing, right?). 

Yes, there are a few idiots on here who will -T you for not liking the correct bands, not having the correct political opinion, or because they are just sad, lonely men.

But mostly we are a fun bunch.  :D

+T to get you back to 0. 
"No. Don't call me a hero. Do you know who the real heroes are? The guys who wake up every morning and go in their normal jobs and get a distress call from the commissioner and take off their glasses and change into capes and fly around fighting crime. Those are the real heroes."
- Dwight Schrute

Offline tibbsa

• Taperssection Regular
OK, not that I have any room to be a taper snob, but there's obviously something else going on here, cause something tells me that a RodeNT5 -> UA-5 (no mods?) is not the most smokin source on the planet...

Maybe not, but it IS a very good recording by my standards, actually...  probably one of THE cleanest VH shows I have.  :)

taperkat

OK, not that I have any room to be a taper snob, but there's obviously something else going on here, cause something tells me that a RodeNT5 -> UA-5 (no mods?) is not the most smokin source on the planet...

Maybe not, but it IS a very good recording by my standards, actually...  probably one of THE cleanest VH shows I have.  :)

As I've been told. the main difference between my show and Jon's is that mine's distant. as in: Not in your face booming loud. I haven't downloaded Jon's, but someone else did and compared for me. :)

But, all I do to mine is rip it into cool edit, and then cut the tracks. I don't do much cutting off/equalizing/what have you... it's pretty much just a raw dump. :)

Offline tibbsa

• Taperssection Regular
As I've been told. the main difference between my show and Jon's is that mine's distant. as in: Not in your face booming loud. I haven't downloaded Jon's, but someone else did and compared for me. :)

But, all I do to mine is rip it into cool edit, and then cut the tracks. I don't do much cutting off/equalizing/what have you... it's pretty much just a raw dump. :)

Ah yes, the quick-and-dirty edit.  I haven't heard your show [yet - though I did send a message to the gmail address] so I can't really say.  I just know that his was great for my ears... though perhaps the $5000 rig people wouldn't agree.  (shrug.)

taperkat

I've emailed everyone that emailed me via gmail....

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com