Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: power and space problems CF alternatives/solutions  (Read 1196 times)

Offline spcyrfc

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Live from River City
    • BordersCrossing.net
power and space problems CF alternatives/solutions
« on: March 29, 2005, 12:10:22 PM »
with the festival season kicking off in less than a month for me, i need to solve the problem with the pmd670.  i have a 2gig compact flash card that cost i think $250.  i might be able to afford another one, but probally not.  another will get me 3 more hours at 16/44.1. but then comes the problem of powering xfers to my portable harddrive in the field. 
the nixvue vista (portable 40 gig hd) runs on something like 12 volts so if i could find a way to power this in the field i could pick up a 1 gig cf card or 512 mb card for the 'flip' so to speak.

i have heard rumor of using a one of Rio's  products (i think a 4 gig player) as an external hard drive but couldnot find much info on that. i was also thinking maybe run the digi out from my pmd670 to a jb3 but im not sure if this would work.
i am also considering picking up a DAT deck to cover the flip and have a hard preservation copy.

i am looking to solve this problem cheaply seeing as i just blew some bills on some new mics.

thanks in advance.
luke
mkh8040>aerco mp-2>pcmd-50
PFS: AKG 414xls

Record Local

www.borderscrossing.net

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • move along, nothing much to see here
Re: power and space problems CF alternatives/solutions
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 12:35:40 PM »
they make backup decives designed for cameras such as the "JOBO Digital Image Tank G2"  20gigs internal battery w/ car charger.

i have no idea if they support audio or if they even care whats on the card and just back it up.  I'd see if some where locally carries something similar and try it out.

B & H has lots of options.  looks like the JOBO and others might work

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=breadCrumb&A=search&Q=&ci=3369
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 12:50:21 PM by fozzy »
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline spcyrfc

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Live from River City
    • BordersCrossing.net
Re: power and space problems CF alternatives/solutions
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 12:58:35 PM »
the nixvue vista is very similar to the jobo,
the problem is the battery charge.  fully charged and unplugged it will not transfer a complete 2 gigs w/o powering off entirely.
so i guess i am wondering if there is a way to plug this in in the field or to increase batt life.  i think i could try a new battery pack becasue maybe the old one is bad.

mkh8040>aerco mp-2>pcmd-50
PFS: AKG 414xls

Record Local

www.borderscrossing.net

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com