Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Essing... where's it come from and how to avoid it?  (Read 1155 times)

Offline taper420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Essing... where's it come from and how to avoid it?
« on: March 27, 2007, 08:31:10 AM »
So I'm trying to figure out how essing manifests itself and how to avoid it. I just made a recording over the weekend, and I noticed it. I've never had this problem before recording music, and never with these mics. But I did use a new configuration so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. It also could have been the way it sounded live over the PA, and it just recorded what was there... I can't really remember if it was there live. So my normal setup is sennheiser me66's > motu traveler or ultralite > iBook. Friday I went > mics > ultralite > analog line in on HiMD recorder. Now I've often went mics > samson mixpad 4 > HiMD, but never with the ultralite in there as a stand-alone. So could the essing be the preamps in the ultralite combined with the line-in on the MD?
Here's the show:
]www.archive..org/details/ween2007-03-23]

The more I listen, the more I think it was that way live, cause I've really never heard anything like this out of these mics. What do you think?

And on the post end of things, what can be done to deemphasize the essing? Is there a certain frequency range I should cut?

TIA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com