Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: weak signal on one channel of my edirol r 09  (Read 5483 times)

Offline blindman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Ut!
    • Taper Stuff @ Fecundswamp
Re: weak signal on one channel of my edirol r 09
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 06:53:56 PM »
way.

will PM you later.
Then: Nakamichi CM300/CP-1/2/4 + Soundboard -> Audio-Technica AT4462 -> Sony TC-D5M
Now: Avantone CK-40 + Avantone CK-1 (Busman MOD) -> BusR4 (T+NF Mods)
Backup/Stealth: Sennheiser MKE > CA-9100 > Tascam DR2D

Offline anarkust

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 12:32:47 PM »
Chris, I had this same problem again last night with a pair of your cards.  I noticed that while trying to troubleshoot, if I moved the wire a certain way, both mics worked great.  So I removed the mic cover and tried readjusting that plastic grounding sleeve and replaced cap and still on one channel working. 

I then tried this same method with mics plugged in and got good signal than when I replaced jack cover, lost same channel signal.  Removed jack cover again and noticed that when I moved wires around soldering area that both channels worked great and then would lose one signal when I attempted to replace cap. 

Next time I did the same thing and just did my recording without replacing the jack cover.

I had called you on 8.11 or 8.12, when I opened my package to test my mics and had this same problem.  That was when you told me about the capsule tab check and the plastic sleeve check, which is what seemed to solve the problem.

I have had this problem a few times and still can not use PM so sorry about going about this publicly, but I know it will get taken care of one way or another.

Gabriel

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 03:16:22 PM »
Chris, I had this same problem again last night with a pair of your cards.  I noticed that while trying to troubleshoot, if I moved the wire a certain way, both mics worked great.  So I removed the mic cover and tried readjusting that plastic grounding sleeve and replaced cap and still on one channel working. 

I then tried this same method with mics plugged in and got good signal than when I replaced jack cover, lost same channel signal.  Removed jack cover again and noticed that when I moved wires around soldering area that both channels worked great and then would lose one signal when I attempted to replace cap. 

Next time I did the same thing and just did my recording without replacing the jack cover.

I had called you on 8.11 or 8.12, when I opened my package to test my mics and had this same problem.  That was when you told me about the capsule tab check and the plastic sleeve check, which is what seemed to solve the problem.

I have had this problem a few times and still can not use PM so sorry about going about this publicly, but I know it will get taken care of one way or another.

Gabriel

Fire me off an email I will fix or replace the mics free of charge..

Chris
if you dont have my email address let me know.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline crociere!

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 02:00:50 PM »
those jacks are not soldered to the board and basically hang free.  stress caused my r09 to only have one channel.  its a good idea to open it up and epoxy the jacks to the board...good luck

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 05:30:52 PM »
those jacks are not soldered to the board and basically hang free.  stress caused my r09 to only have one channel.  its a good idea to open it up and epoxy the jacks to the board...good luck

I think you meant to say the jacks are not 'secured' to the board.  They are soldered in place, but have nothing holding the jack case securely in place, only the solder pads keep the jacks from falling off, unless you have later production run made R-09 with one of one of two types of adhesive applied directly to the sides, and maybe underside of the jack's plastic housing that's a bit more durable, but might not hold well enough to last long enough eventually pulling the solder pads off the board.
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com