Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SBD > MD levels question  (Read 1816 times)

Offline BradM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
SBD > MD levels question
« on: September 13, 2007, 08:07:49 AM »
I might have a chance to get a soundboard feed to my Sharp MD-MT15S minidisc recorder this weekend. Am I right in thinking that I just hook it to the line-in on the MD*, and leave the MD's recording levels cranked up all the way? I'll be spending most of my time at my main rig (the sound booth is off to the side of the bar, and my main rig will be dead-centre), and so won't be able to monitor what's happening on the MD very much, so I need a set-it-and-forget-it solution.

Thanks,
Brad

* I have enough in the way of adaptors and patch cables to go from female XLR, female RCA, or female 1/4" on the board to the MD.
2015-07

03 / Pokey Lafarge / Ottawa, ON / Ritual
11 / PleasureCraft / Ottawa, ON / Irene's Pub

ilduclo

Re: SBD > MD levels question
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 02:12:56 PM »
stick at the board to check some levels when they do their soundcheck. adjust to the loudest w/o clipping and should be good

nameloc01

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 03:00:58 PM »
Right.you need to see how strong the signal is coming in...you def dont want to clip it. I'd maybe even set a "c.h." lower, rather than gamble and lose.

Offline BradM

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 07:15:36 PM »
Thanks, guys, that's what I figured. I'll be able to get in during load-in so I can sound-check my gear (I'm also feeding my audience source to the artist's rig), and if I can get a board feed, I'll be able to check it, too.

Aloha,
Brad
2015-07

03 / Pokey Lafarge / Ottawa, ON / Ritual
11 / PleasureCraft / Ottawa, ON / Irene's Pub

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com