Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Lunatec V3: going line in  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Big Muff

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • James Marshall Hendrix 1942 - 1970
Lunatec V3: going line in
« on: April 15, 2010, 01:41:05 AM »

perhaps I'm just being lazy here.. what I am trying to do is use the V3 as an A/D.
just got a new turntable with line out and want to do transfers: (turntable>V3>iHP-120).
Can anyone explain how to do it? what adapters would i need for rca outs from the tt? how to set the V3.. etc..?

many thanks!

-Michael
Live rig: DPA 4021 > V3 > iHP-120

Vinyl rig: Music hall 5.1 w/acrylic platter > Ortofon Quintet Black > Pro-Ject Tube-Box II > V3 > UA-5

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Lunatec V3: going line in
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 02:30:56 AM »
I feel like you would need something equivalent to an onstage DI Box to make this work....something that takes the unbalanced TT signal, balances it, and also has a little bit of output buffer gain to be able to feed the mic preamps in the V3.  Then you would just apply a small bit of gain (depending on your table's output), and that's it. 

Perhaps I'm being lazy too but I don't think that just running unbalanced in to the V3 would work.
Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Lunatec V3: going line in
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 07:50:11 AM »
See page 6 of the manual--it says (and shows) exactly how to do it. If you don't have a printed manual, you can download a PDF from Grace's Web site.

If needed, the preamp section of the V3 has an internal 20 dB pad which can be engaged by moving some jumpers on the circuit board. Again, see the manual for details.

--best regards
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.184 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com