Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cool car stereo.  (Read 2734 times)

Offline stober

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Cool car stereo.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 12:31:28 AM »
i like  + ticket

Offline cheshirecat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 11:37:56 AM »
SB2 / Rega P1 > Modified Dynaco PAS2 > Modified Dynaco MK-IV monoblocks> Axiom M22 v2

Offline JasonR

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Schoepsoholic
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 02:34:16 PM »
I guess that's the first head unit with an integrated tube amp, but it's certainly not a great place to put an amp of any sort really.  And that's certainly not the first use of tube amps in cars.  I'm not sure if Milbert is first or not, but it predates this by more than a decade.

I heard Earl Zausmer's BMW (http://milbert.com/earl/) when we were both competing in June or July '96 and it was easily the best sounding car audio system I'd ever heard.  But then, I'm a big B&W speaker fan, and like tube amps, so I could be a bit biased.  ;)  I'm told the update with Nautilus 801s was a significant upgrade, but much prefer the stealthy setup of the older setup - dash speakers on miniature elevators that hide in the dash, 13" front-mounted subwoofers with zero footwell intrusion, etc, etc.  What a cool car and a nice guy.

- Jason
Schoeps MK21,MK4,MK41,MK41V,MK8 > CMC5/Naiant Tinybox/PFAs > Sound Devices 744T, Sony PCM-M10
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > SD 744T, M10

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 09:40:38 AM »
Moke, you aren't into polished turds?
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 04:13:30 PM »
I guess that's the first head unit with an integrated tube amp, but it's certainly not a great place to put an amp of any sort really. And that's certainly not the first use of tube amps in cars. I'm not sure if Milbert is first or not, but it predates this by more than a decade.

I heard Earl Zausmer's BMW (http://milbert.com/earl/) when we were both competing in June or July '96 and it was easily the best sounding car audio system I'd ever heard. But then, I'm a big B&W speaker fan, and like tube amps, so I could be a bit biased. ;) I'm told the update with Nautilus 801s was a significant upgrade, but much prefer the stealthy setup of the older setup - dash speakers on miniature elevators that hide in the dash, 13" front-mounted subwoofers with zero footwell intrusion, etc, etc. What a cool car and a nice guy.

- Jason

interesting link

I never got why people spent that kind of money on a car stereo.... you're seated off center, and if the car is moving you have a really high noise floor to get over (somewhere around 80db at 60mph on the highway). I have a tough time critically listening when the AC comes on at the apartment :P

but tubes and B&Ws are alright by me ;D
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 08:30:23 PM »
Has anyone heard the new mark levinson system in the upper end Lexus yet?  They didn't have one at my local dealer when I bought my rx 300 a couple weeks ago or I surely would have test drove it :P

D---
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com