Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Thinking of hot rodding a compnent DAT player....  (Read 5942 times)

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bongo Bongo
Re: Thinking of hot rodding a compnent DAT player....
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 12:05:12 AM »
If I were interested in getting higher quality analog output from a DAT player, an external DAC would be my first choice.

That way it could be used to wring higher quality sound from a variety of digital sources, not just that specific DAT player.

Agreed 100%. That's just not what I'm trying to do. I would buy an outboard DAC in a heartbeat for this reason, believe me, 2 channel is my passion. That defeats the whole purpose of doing this though. I am intending to upgrade just the analog section of the unit to see the results. Im not trying to make this an integral part of my playback system, just doing it for the pure hell of it. I figured there would be some DIY tweakers that may be interested in the results. I really could care less if the Tascam fell of the test bench and broke in half. I am just trying to attempt a little DIY project.

I hear ya, good luck on your pet project!

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline Invisible

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 12:13:09 AM »
Don't be too upset if your lead tech suggests an external DAC as opposed to modifying the Tascam's DAC and signal path, he's only trying to be helpful.

It's possible, it might not be practical, but don't let that deter you from at least exploring the possibilities.

That would of course be the most logical step and pretty much the easiest thing to do, but that's not what I am after in all this. I've mentioned all of this to him and he knows that's not what I'm trying to do.

We are really paying too much attention to this topic though. It's very much second hand to me and not nearly as serious as this thread has made it out to be.  :)  Sorry everyone!  ;) I've been banished to my office due to the batchelorette (sp?) party going on at my house tonight. So I've just been catching up on some e-mails and posting a few random ideas here. I think they have just left to go out for the evening so I am free to enjoy my own house again!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 12:19:20 AM by Invisible »

Offline Invisible

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2006, 12:14:54 AM »
I hear ya, good luck on your pet project!

Thanks!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com