Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Wireless Rear Surround Speakers  (Read 1805 times)

Offline tapeworm48

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm running a dojo of coolness...
Wireless Rear Surround Speakers
« on: March 11, 2007, 11:07:08 PM »
does anyone have any recommendations for some decent rear wireless speakers for a home theater?  right now i just have a basic 2-channel setup.  i'd like to add some surround speakers, but they need to be wireless.  i couldnt find much info out there when i searched.  some of the stuff i did see was packaged as part of a HTIB.  would love to hear about others' experience.

thanks.

PS while i'm at it, i'm also looking to purchase a sub if anyone has any recommendations (not wireless) :)
A good friend will come bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... We F**ked Up."

Schoeps MK4s / AT831s / DPA4061s
Nbox / Tinybox v1.5 / SPSB-11 / CSbox
M10 / R09 / D100

07/19 Pearl Jam @ Wrigley Field
08/01 QOTSA @ Metro
08/02 Lollapalooza (NIN / QOTSA / Thievery / Band of Horses)
08/15 QOTSA @ Red Rocks
09/23 Arctic Monkeys @ Riviera Theater
10/18 Pearl Jam @ Barclays
10/19 Pearl Jam @ Barclays
10/21 Pearl Jam @ Wells Fargo Center
10/22 Pearl Jam @ Wells Fargo Center
11/15 NIN @ Hard Rock
11/16 NIN @ Hard Rock
12/06 Pearl Jam @ Key Arena

Offline nihilistic0

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • wat
Re: Wireless Rear Surround Speakers
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 07:22:02 PM »
don't do it, get wired speakers

and for a sub, I'm partial to Velodyne

http://www.velodyne.com/main.aspx

I have an older CHT-8, cost me 350 bucks.  8 inch, 100W 350W peak.  The thing is fucking loud, never bottoms out, and sounds awesome
SP-CMC-4 (AT853) > SP-SPSB-1 (no rolloff) > Tascam DR-05

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 07:31:37 PM »
does anyone have any recommendations for some decent rear wireless speakers for a home theater?  right now i just have a basic 2-channel setup.  i'd like to add some surround speakers, but they need to be wireless.  i couldnt find much info out there when i searched.  some of the stuff i did see was packaged as part of a HTIB.  would love to hear about others' experience.

thanks.

PS while i'm at it, i'm also looking to purchase a sub if anyone has any recommendations (not wireless) :)

I agree... Wireless speakers have there place but your stereo system indoors is not one of them. I have a nice pair of wireless speakers for our backyard that I can drag out when we have a backyard party but I would never want to use them for anything really serious. If you dont want to see the cable there are ways to hide there is flat cable for under carpets. You could use a small 4 conductor cable and tuck it under your baseboard. There are lots of ways of hiding that little wire. I have an Axiom Audio sub the EP350 that I really like. My nabors dont like it much though  >:D PS Velodyne is good stuff too...
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 08:38:02 PM »
conduit.  you can make it look nice.

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com