Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Alesis: New Handheld recording solution for iPod  (Read 6661 times)

Offline rhinowing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • SPLRA - Smashing Pumpkins Live Recording Association
Re: Alesis: New Handheld recording solution for iPod
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 05:03:54 PM »
there's also the fact that no security guard is ever going to give you shit about bringing an ipod into a show.
Please contact me if you've ever taped the Smashing Pumpkins or a related group!

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
  • wtb: time
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 03:26:53 AM »
there's also the fact that no security guard is ever going to give you shit about bringing an ipod into a show.

sure, but the recorder itself is bigger than the ipod, and you still have to bring that one in...

audiothings

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 09:58:16 AM »
i am interested because i think the ipod classic 160 gb @ $350 is a great buy for listening to music and for data storage. i am looking forward to more information. there are no specs on the website  ??? it is likely that i will spend more time listening to music than taping, and if this thing is good, i won't have to carry multiple devices and i can have my entire library available at all times  8) lets see...

Offline indietaperwloo

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 02:44:51 AM »
You can actually RockBox 5G iPods if you don't like the Apple interface which isn't ideal for taping.  I have a 5G 30 gig and it's just fine for playback (although a lot of my hipster musician friends all hate iPods...one even goes as far as to say it has a crappy headphone amp and won't drive low impedance headphones...maybe I should test illconditioned's Sony 7506's with my iPod to see if there's any truth to this) but I would rather use something like an R-09 which is 24 bit capable.
Question is, if you use a RockBoxed 5G iPod, will it work with the new Alesis hardware?  Maybe someone should post this on the RockBox forum.
Portable 2 track:
Sennheiser MKE2 (HRTF) > Edirol R-09
AT822 > Edirol R-09
Studio Projects C4 (ORTF/XY) > Presonus Firepod > Edirol R-09

4 Track Open Rig:
Studio Projects C4 (ORTF)/FOH Feed > Edirol R4

FOH:
Mackie 1604 VLZ Pro > dbx 215 Graphic EQ > Behringer PMX2000 (Power Amp Section) > Behringer B1220 Mains

Multitrack:
Mackie 1604 VLZ Pro > Tascam DA-38 w/Burr Brown Op-amps

Out:
M-Audio Fast Track Pro > Mackie 1604 VLZ Pro > ESI nEar05 nearfields OR AKG K99 Headphones

Offline travelinbeat

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Turning soundwaves into zeros and ones since 1999
    • http://db.etree.org/travelinbeat
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 03:31:17 AM »

I've been turned away for an ipod
Mics: Busman BSC1's K1/K2/K3/K4, CA-14's
Units: 2x Edirol R-09HR, iRiver H120 (RockBox + 2200mAh + CF mod)
Power & Accessories: Naiant Littlebox 1.5, Church ST-9100, Denecke PS-2, 2x Kingston SDHC (Model: SD2/8GB), 2x Kingston SDHC (Model: SD4/16GB), Kingston 32GB (Model: SD4/32GB), Darktrain XLR, 2x Shure A81WS's, 4x Powerex 9.6v, 12x Sanyo 2700 NiMH, 2x AT8410A's

Team DC · Team Naiant · Team Busman · Team Church Audio · NFL Team is NY Jets

I tape in earnest dedication to the mission of breaking the back of the CTOA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.083 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com