Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CA 14 pip ---> SONY PCM-M10  (Read 2514 times)

Offline swordfish

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
CA 14 pip ---> SONY PCM-M10
« on: May 02, 2011, 06:23:31 AM »

I need some advise/help-----I thought I read somewhere that the CA 14 will work with Sony PCM-M10 PIP.  I searched the forums but didn't find anything.

I tested it yesterday and it worked only with a CA 9 Volt clip.  But not without it. 

Any ideas guys

SF

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: CA 14 pip ---> SONY PCM-M10
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 08:53:16 AM »
I don't believe Chris recommends PIP for those mics.  You'll need a battery box or pre in the chain.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline swordfish

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 06:49:07 AM »
I tested it again..this time with the PIP switched on and it worked without a battery box...I wish I would think once in a while before I ask others for help.

Thanks,

SF

Dunno yet how the recording would turn out....

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 09:36:34 AM »
I tested it again..this time with the PIP switched on and it worked without a battery box...I wish I would think once in a while before I ask others for help.

Thanks,

SF

Dunno yet how the recording would turn out....

All of my mics will work with only PIP but.... Here is the catch.. at increased distortion at high volumes. So for example all of my mics are tested at 114 db at 1K at 9v PIP with a distortion of less than 0.05% When the voltage goes down the THD goes up. It will get to a point where you can have distortion that can be heard with loud shows. Unfortunately there is no way to know ahead of time if you get into a situation where overload could occur. I am not saying this so I can sell more preamps and more battery boxes.... I will do some overload tests at lower Pip voltages in the next few weeks. And publish them here.

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.127 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com