Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tannoy Eyris 2 or 3?  (Read 2496 times)

Offline nlights

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Tannoy Eyris 2 or 3?
« on: March 23, 2006, 06:21:25 PM »
Has anyone ever heard these speakers?????

I have no experience with Tannoy at all a friend has given rave review about this speaker, but he lives to far to give a listen to anyone out there ever heard or have any advice on the company or this particular set of speakers?

anticipating listner

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Tannoy Eyris 2 or 3?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 06:33:34 PM »
I think you should talk to your friend & see how he describes it to see if that apeals to you. Tannoy has a good name in the industry but what is more important is how well it will work with the rest of your system.

Friends are funny, Nick & I have similar musical tastes but we prefer two totally different presentations. Talk to your friend & see what he thinks, probably better then any other random persons tastes.
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline nlights

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 06:54:47 PM »
I was trying to get an unbiased answer of description of sound from someone else....

My approach was not to lead the witness too much

He has given his very unprofessional description of the detail of sound, but always looking for multiple answers to the same question

Or posssibly another question?  Any other choices of speakers in the 1500-2000 range?

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 07:11:13 PM »
Regardless of profesional review or not, if you listen to similar music his descriptions MAY help. As far as choices in that range without knowing what you are trying to accomplish or what your system is or even knowing your music preferences it would be silly to make a recommendation. Here is all the info you could ever want:

http://www.audiogon.com/
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline heath

• Laugh it up, Fuzzball...
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 10:53:45 PM »
My playback speakers are all tannoy (2 channel and surround).  I absolutely love them.  My exact series is the mxm (different models for 2 channel, rears, sub (which smokes), and center).  I think my mains (for 2 channel) are the mxm4.  I've got them couples with the sony 3000es and the combination is very pleasing to my ears.  DVD-A and SACD sound brilliantly crisp!
And the Sultans... yeah the Sultans play creole

The Upstream Mend

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com