Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: R-09 Firmware: Are older versions available?  (Read 2152 times)

Offline FXChrissy311

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
R-09 Firmware: Are older versions available?
« on: March 05, 2008, 12:45:15 PM »
I'm sure the topic title caused many of you to think "why???", but the reason I'm asking is basically because I'm a little worried about updating my firmware and somehow making a disastrous mistake (EX: locking up the R-09... if that's possible... or doing something similar). 

One of the reasons why I have come to love the R-09 is because it is so easy to use and works as expected.  I just recently (:-[) found out about the latest firmware release (1.3), but have been dragging my feet a little bit because I don't want to risk the only recorder that I have... especially since I plan on recording some upcoming shows (not that much time to experiment / test / fix a broken recorder).

While I haven't looked into it in depth, I'm sure updating the firmware isn't THAT hard.  But, I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to reset the R-09 to it's original firmware just in case something goes wrong.  If there's no way to reset the R-09, are older versions of the firmware available anywhere?  I've searched around this board but haven't been able to find anything.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!
Chrissy

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
Re: R-09 Firmware: Are older versions available?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 12:52:31 PM »
I'm sure someone can give you the firmware if you need it.  I recall someone looking for 1.20 recently and they got it from someone else. IN fact, I have it here.  But just upgrade it and then go looking for it only if you need it.  Take the plunge. 

edit:  I just googled "R09_update_120.EXE" and found the Roland repository for the files.  You can grab it from there if you need it (I doubt you will).

http://ftp.roland.co.jp/pub/roland/japan/winxp/?M=D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 12:55:30 PM by vanark »
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline FXChrissy311

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: R-09 Firmware: Are older versions available?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 01:21:05 PM »
edit:  I just googled "R09_update_120.EXE" and found the Roland repository for the files.  You can grab it from there if you need it (I doubt you will).

http://ftp.roland.co.jp/pub/roland/japan/winxp/?M=D

Awesome!  :D  Thank you!  My google searches turned up only the current version.  I don't think I'll need the older versions either, but I like having these types of things on hand just in case.

Thanks again for your help!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com