Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: OKMII Rock Freq Roll Off  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Adamn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
OKMII Rock Freq Roll Off
« on: May 31, 2007, 03:38:22 PM »
Hi everybody!
Finally, i replaced my pop version with the OKMII Rock mic.

My equipment:
Sony MD MZ-N10
OKMII Rock with a3 adapter

This is a question to the OKMII Rock mic owners:
Which settings should i use??

I'm going to record a very loud rock/metal concert. I can only set the recording level to a specific value before the concert and not during.

Would this be a good setting?
Line In
Rec Level: 15/30
-20dB: ON
Low Frequency Roll Off: ON

I'm not sure about the frequency roll off! I still wanna hear bass without distortion.

Greetz
Adamn

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: OKMII Rock Freq Roll Off
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 04:21:49 PM »
I have the straight OKM II's back from when they offered it in one flavor.  I would use -20dB, and feed through line-in at 15/30.  You may have to back that off a bit, too, depending.  These are omni mics so unless you want a lot of ambient noise you had better be close to the band.
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline Adamn

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 05:11:17 PM »
I have the straight OKM II's back from when they offered it in one flavor.  I would use -20dB, and feed through line-in at 15/30.  You may have to back that off a bit, too, depending.  These are omni mics so unless you want a lot of ambient noise you had better be close to the band.
Thx for your reply!

What would you say about the Low Frequency Roll Off?

Offline nardo

• Taperssection Regular
    • The Comatorium - The Mars Volta News
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 03:01:41 AM »
Thx for your reply!

What would you say about the Low Frequency Roll Off?
I think the roll-off for the Soundman A3 starts at around 300Hz and is only good for recording speech, don't use it for recording concerts, they're going to end up sounding really bad. If necessary just roll-off some bass in post production (if you need help with that just let us know what programs you have at your disposal and we'll let you know how to go about doing that, or you can just search).

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com