Gear / Technical Help > Remote Power

AA runtime in PSP-2

(1/3) > >>

rigpimp:
How long will AA's run a PSP-2 with phantom on?  PFA > MK5 to be exact.

hi and lo:
Hrm.. been a while. I wanna say you'll get 10 hours no prob. I also recall running it with a blinking battery light for many, many hours, using NiMH. Like 5+

rigpimp:
So it could theoretically go for a full festival day?  I'm thinking MK5 (o) > PSP2 > M10 for hardly strictly.

hi and lo:
I believe so, yes. I've definitely run mine at mountain jam for the entire day on AA's. If you have a spare sled, it's also super easy to swap between sets and I would never advise going to a show without 6 spare AAs in-case an individual battery fails.

I just so happen to have my PFA rig handy, so I'll throw my Imedion AA's on the charger and run a test today. I'll let you know tonight or in the AM how long I get.

hi and lo:
Ok, I started my mk41 > kyc > pfa > psp2 > m10 rig at 3:20 PM this afternoon and it's still going strong at 3AM. No low battery light yet. I imagine it will die sometime overnight, but I think you can safely assume 12+ hours. This is using fully charged Imedion AAs. I used the slow charge function on my maha charger, fwiw, and the AA batts are at least 5 years old now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version