Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack 2 - problem fitting charger and Coax input cable next to each other  (Read 1712 times)

Offline ToddL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I feel more like I did a while ago than I do now.
Hey everyone,

I just got a microtrack 2 because I needed a recorder with a digi input to run from my v3.  The problem is that the coax input is close to the charger input and these need to be plugged in at the same time due to poor internal battery life on this unit.  They are so close that the inputs don't fit when both plugged in at the same time. 

How do you other microtrack 2 owners get around this?

Todd

Offline bhadella

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Toiling away the day...
    • http://db.etree.org/bhadella1
Hey everyone,

I just got a microtrack 2 because I needed a recorder with a digi input to run from my v3.  The problem is that the coax input is close to the charger input and these need to be plugged in at the same time due to poor internal battery life on this unit.  They are so close that the inputs don't fit when both plugged in at the same time. 

Todd

Cheap and dirty solution:  Exacto knife the usb cable to allow to fit.

Proper fix:  Coax connectors that are slimmer allow them to run without alteration.  My switchcraft rca/coax ends fit just fine with my usb cable.
"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. "

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
Hey everyone,

Todd

Agreed as above. I have a retractable USB cable that goes to the battery. It has a small tip at the "mini" end. Also my digi cable is slim, so they fit without a problem. Many have used the exact knife approach on their USB cable with success too.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I LIKE FISHIN
like previous advice. shave off some of the shielding from the power cable. that is the only way mine fit together. good luck and watch your fingers, as cutting through that harder plastic can be tricky.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.272 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com