Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-09HR - Part TWO  (Read 113846 times)

Offline jkm78

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Edirol R-09HR - Part TWO
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2008, 09:13:09 PM »
would anyone be so kind to post a picture of the R-09 with the battery compartment door open.

Offline flintstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2008, 04:53:16 AM »
Edirol's web pages about the R-09HR have high resolution photos. 
http://www.edirol.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=333&Itemid=438

Here's the photo that shows the door open:
http://www.edirol.com/images/stories/products/r09hr/r09hr_botton_card.jpg

Offline Mr.Scully

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Queen Concerts
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2008, 05:46:00 AM »
Can anybody guess whether the Edirol R-09HR can be detected by metal detectors or not? Because we have those in our biggest concert venue :( They didn't react to my cheap (mostly plastic) camera that I had hidden in my pants so I'm somehow hoping the detectors detect only bigger metal items such as the Olympus LS-10 :)

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2008, 05:02:02 PM »
Can anybody guess whether the Edirol R-09HR can be detected by metal detectors or not? Because we have those in our biggest concert venue :( They didn't react to my cheap (mostly plastic) camera that I had hidden in my pants so I'm somehow hoping the detectors detect only bigger metal items such as the Olympus LS-10 :)

Don't know about the HR, but the R-09 reportedly doesn't set off most metal detectors or wands, probably b/c it's 95% plastic.  8)  HR doesn't look much different.  Anyone know for sure?

Offline Josephine

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2008, 05:04:05 PM »

Don't know about the HR, but the R-09 reportedly doesn't set off most metal detectors or wands, probably b/c it's 95% plastic.  8)  HR doesn't look much different.  Anyone know for sure?

If the R-09 does not set them off, the HR's not going to, either.
Schoeps MK4 / MK4v / MK41 > actives > NBox+ > R-09HR

~   On Dime   ~
~   My Recordings   ~
~   Live Music Archive   ~

Offline Mr.Scully

• Taperssection Regular
    • Queen Concerts
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2008, 05:14:26 PM »

That sounds great :) Now it's no. 1 on my shopping list - what a shame it's about $100 more expensive than the Olympus LS-10 :-( $399 vs. $299, that's quite a difference...

Offline deadhoarse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2008, 10:27:54 AM »

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2008, 11:27:58 AM »
That sounds great :) Now it's no. 1 on my shopping list - what a shame it's about $100 more expensive than the Olympus LS-10 :-( $399 vs. $299, that's quite a difference...
Do you mean to say that you can walk through a metal detector with cash and keys removed without setting off a detector?
Must by my buttons or my belt or my shoes that set off the signal, I guess... ???

Offline Mr.Scully

• Taperssection Regular
    • Queen Concerts
« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2008, 12:00:29 PM »
Do you mean to say that you can walk through a metal detector with cash and keys removed without setting off a detector?
Must by my buttons or my belt or my shoes that set off the signal, I guess... ???

The belt can sometimes set off the signal but last time I walked through even with my belt on without any reaction from the detector (Kiss concert in Prague, CZ). Perhaps the detectors have various settings of how sensitive they are...

Anyway, if I buy an Edirol, it should be OK but if I get an Olympus, I will have to hide it in my pants and insist that the detector was set off by my belt :-)

Offline flintstone

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2008, 03:40:52 PM »
"that's not the battery compartment"

Dang, you're right.  I still think of the compartment on the
bottom of the recorder to be the battery compartment,
like it was on the R-09.  Here's the new R-09HR battery
compartment, on the back of the recorder:

http://www.solidstatesound.co.uk/R-09HR_Batcomp.jpg

Offline Falconidave

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Taperssection Member
  • "I went to too many concerts" said no one ever!
« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2008, 12:59:22 PM »

If the R-09 does not set them off, the HR's not going to, either.

I'll bring my HR to work one day this week and test it with the wand we have at the hospital.  Will report back the results...

David
Mics: Schoeps MK41; AT853(3-wire)(c,o); AT943(3-wire)(c,o); AT933(3-wire)(c,o); Shure 185(c); Sony ECM-166BMP (o); Sony ECM-166BC (c).
Interconnects: NBob Actives
Preamps: BabyNbox v2
Recorders: Sony PCM-A10(2); Sony PCM-M10; Edirol R-09HR; Sony MZ-RH1
Video: Panasonic HDC-TM700 HD; Panasonic Lumix GX85; Panasonic Lumix DMC ZS100; Canon PowerShot SX50 HD; Sony DSC-HX50V

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2008, 03:41:31 PM »

The LS-10 is noisy and not as good as the R-09HR.... you will get what you pay for with either of these, I guess it depends on what you want to hear (or not hear) after the show

Offline Dede2002

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2008, 04:47:22 PM »

The LS-10 is noisy and not as good as the R-09HR.... you will get what you pay for with either of these, I guess it depends on what you want to hear (or not hear) after the show

^^^^^^^
 :coolguy:
Mics..........................SP-CMC-8, HLSC-1 and HLSO-MICRO
BB and Preamps........MM Micro bb / MM Custom Elite bb / Church 9100

Recorders...................Tascam DR-100MKIII, Marantz PMD 620 MKII, Edirol R-09

Offline flintstone

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2008, 05:37:43 PM »
"the LS-10 is noisy and not as good..."

In high mic sensitivity mode, the LS-10 is more sensitive and noisier than the R-09HR set to high sensitivity.  Switch the LS-10 to low sensitivity and higher record volume for best results. 

As Guysonic showed, the LS-10 has a bass roll-off below 200 Hz.  This helps in some circumstances, hurts in others.  To my ear, the R-09HR sounds like it emphasizes bass a little, so it sounds warmer.  If you like music with bass that rattles the dishes in the kitchen cabinets, you'll prefer results from the R-09HR.

Flintstone

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2008, 06:49:07 PM »
If you like music with bass that rattles the dishes in the kitchen cabinets, you'll prefer results from the R-09HR.

:realhappy: :yahoo: :coolguy: :clapping: :cheers:

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com