Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: I need help to understand battery boxes- newbie  (Read 4592 times)

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: I need help to understand battery boxes- newbie
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 12:30:51 AM »
Not sure why. Just wondered if the mics have to have power other than the R09HR. Again, I haven't received the equipment yet and and still confused as to what the purpose/relationship  of a battery to mics is.

Well, let's cut to the chase.
You are getting the church audio 9000 pre-amp and ca-14 card mics.

It is true that you can use the card mics without the pre-amp AND with the pre-amp. If you choose not to use the pre-amp, you will need to turn ON the plug-in power on the back of the 09HR.

How do you like that?  ;)

This  works pretty good for shows that are not super loud. But when you get into louder shows you want to use the 9000 if only for the fact that it will give you the full 9 volts of plug in power, Generally speaking because you have the preamp you should use it when ever you can run the volume knob on the preamp at full and set it to + 10 for loud shows -0db for really loud shows and +30 for quiet acoustic stuff.

Chris

I've had great luck running your (CA-11) and other mics from Edirol Plug in power (mic in, low sens, plug in power on).
I haven't been to metal shows or anything like that, but I've been at club shows with >100dB SPL.

I think the problem is more with quieter shows, where you might want an external preamp in front.

Richard
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com