Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR-100  (Read 7233 times)

Offline dreyfuss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Team Canada
Re: Tascam DR-100
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 06:17:04 PM »
So my 2nd test is done and this time I got 2hrs 28min with the Li-Ion & NiMH AA's.  I got about 2hr10min form the Li-Ion and 18min or so from the NiMH AA's providing Phantom Power to 2 mics drawing 4mA each.

That's better than my original test but still not as good as MaxJames results.  

I have ordered a 2nd Li-Ion battery and hope that I'll be able to swap it out after the 1st one dies and then have it continue seamlessly with a new one installed.  That should give me plenty of time for most applications I need it for.

I also plan to get some kind of external battery source and try running it off that, see how that goes, I've got a few festivals this summer and I'd like to catch as much as possible with this unit.
Countryman ISOMAX 2 -> Tascam DR100

Offline flintstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2009, 08:13:59 PM »
"swap [the BP-L2 Li-Ion battery]  out after the 1st one dies"

This works as long as you notice in time that the DR-100 has depleted the first BP-L2 and is now running on power from the AA cells.  The AAs don't last long if your mics are drawing phantom power.

Flintstone

Offline dreyfuss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Team Canada
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2009, 08:32:39 PM »
I figure once I've got a good idea of the lifespan on the Li-Ion then I can monitor it a little more closely as it approaches that time and therefore should be able to change it without interruption.

Time will tell.
Countryman ISOMAX 2 -> Tascam DR100

Offline MaxJames

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2009, 09:29:38 PM »
Lithium + AA, phantom on = 3 hours and 20 minutes?

That's cutting it close for some shows.  Prefer to see that number be around 5 hours. 

Thanks for the tests.  I appreciate it.   :)

I drew 10mA phantom power for the tests; most mics draw far less than that. So you may actually get 5 hours if your mics draw less current - the mic's spec doc typically states the current draw.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com