Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need help to choose recorder & mic  (Read 5151 times)

Offline TimSmith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Need help to choose recorder & mic
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 02:16:59 AM »
Maybe you, guys, can recommend a recorder for line-in recording (external mic + preamp) under $300? Zoom h2, Tascam DR-07? Or Edirol is better anyway? (I've read the topics, but it's not quite clear for me.)
R-09HR has the cleanest line-in of the entire bunch, but as you pointed out it's above $300 if you include shipping to Russia.

Maybe you should get a cheap flight to somewhere else or hop on a train to Helsinki?! Might be worth it in the long run...

OK, there are many variants how to get a recorder, but I would prefer to buy it overpriced, but quick and easy. I just thought if maybe cheaper recorders work good enough with line-in... Yes, Edirol, only Edirol.
I know, I know.... My english...

CA-14 (card or omni) -> CA-UGLY-BB or CA-9200 -> Sony PCM-M10

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Need help to choose recorder & mic
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 12:10:28 PM »
I'm no expert, but I've spent quite a bit of time in Europe.  I know Russia isn't necessarily Europe, but I also know that it is not magic dust to buy new products at home.  Used saves ALOT of money and if you have a limited budget, can be the answer between getting good gear and getting gear that is maybe not very good, especially if you buy from a music store that really has no clue about recording in the live music setting.  In fact, if you ask in the music store, they'll probably tell you it's illegal or something silly like that!

If it was my money, I would consider buying used from the taperssection yard sale and pay import fees...and then buy new Church Audio mics from Chris and again pay import fees.  In the end, the import fees will be less than the markup that you end up paying your local dealer for a recorder anyway!

Of course, the problem with this is that you'll have to wait to get the gear.  But after you get it, you find out that the wait wasn't so bad after all!

My opinion.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com