Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Church Recording  (Read 5092 times)

Offline dirtrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Church Recording
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 08:01:46 AM »
Thanks again guys. Since you offered advice, and for those who like to know how things turn out..
There was a Balcony Right / Left. If you look at the hanging chandeliers in the pics I was at the closest one to the right of the stage, probably 20 feet from the stage, Nice! Too bad I left the house without all my other caps! Doh! How the hell you can forget things like that is beyond me, Father Time is who I'm blaming! So, Gutbucket, sorry your advice went for naught, and hypers it was. I could've run the R09's internal mics, but didn't feel comfortable with that. The show had plenty of volume, and from where I was sitting didn't sound "boomy" at all. Probably a different story at the rear of the church. Listening to the playback in the car on the way home, pretty happy with the results. Of course it doesn't have any warmth the omnis would have provided, but an enjoyable listen. Oh, Anrew Bird is a Genius! Funny sometimes we get so caught up in our little hobby here, we sometimes miss the real focus. He's been closing these shows with Dylan's "Oh Sister", very nice indeed. His EP he just put up on iTunes is excellent as well. 7 live tracks. I will have my show on DAD, and always provide samples for anybody interested in hearing what a Noob can do.  ;D   Happy Holidays

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 10:19:21 AM »
Sounds like a good time. Gald to hear the seating worked out much better than expected.  I'm curious, did he actually have sound coming out of those on-stage horns?
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline dirtrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 12:33:35 PM »
At the start of the show he said that "he always wanted to do shows like this, with very little amplification, just what we have coming out of these hand carved horns" and gave props to the guy who carved them. I couldn't tell, there were a couple of amps sitting on the stage, and like I said, it was plenty loud, couldn't really tell just how much sound those grammaphone horns were putting out. And yes there were small PA type speakers attached to the balcony rail, but were not hooked into his system. Really small, like a home theater cube speaker. I heard that on night one they were getting interference from the John Hancock Tower antennaes, which broadcasts a smooth Jazz Station, life in the high tech era I guess. Thanks again

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com