Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Schoeps Lateral Pickup(V) Users - Read  (Read 5353 times)

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Stomach Full of Regret
Re:Schoeps Lateral Pickup(V) Users - Read
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2004, 04:37:46 PM »
I also need the physical mic to be able to complete the 4022 bar...I can send you schoeps gear to run in place until the design is done  ::)

careful, they probably won't want to trade back  ;)

don't think that's gonna be an issue.  8)

Offline schoeps t00bes

• Local Crew
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2004, 05:17:51 PM »
Please count me in!  Crouch may never get his 41v's back after I get this bar.   ;)

Thanks Robert!
Dave
Fuck MSG!!!

Offline sgordo

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2004, 08:36:33 PM »
maybe a proper ortf bar for the mk4vs will help convince someone to buy mine  ;)

the mk4vs can make some siiick tapes, if run properly (i.e. 110deg when it is so desired)

Offline schoeps t00bes

• Local Crew
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2004, 04:49:48 PM »
Scott...you thinking about getting the 5's?

Dave
Fuck MSG!!!

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
Re: Schoeps Lateral Pickup(V) Users - Read
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2006, 03:02:56 AM »
A 2 year later bump....

Anything else ever come of this? I'd love an all purpose Kwon Bar specifically for Vs.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline shaggy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • dwonk
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2006, 03:26:00 AM »
Okay I'll bite....I asked Robert about this a while ago.  Nothing is going on about it at the moment.  The best you are gonna do is line up for my hat mounts and drill a hole to make them work with a regular 5/8 stud.....

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=55105.msg787648#msg787648

taking orders now..... ;)

I ran this last Sat when The Bays were at the Liquidroom in Ebisu.  Really nice separation and imaging but I have nothing to compare it to as I probably was the only one taping, if you could call it that.  Leegeddy's mini to mini cable totally let me down.  Kept popping out of the M1 like it was a cursed leper. 

BTW, if you like this electronic/jam fusion stuff....The Bays is really great stuff.  I am not so down with STS9 or Particle.  This is wayyy heavier and much more trancy/DJ/rappy.  I couldn't stand still!

Offline JasonR

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Schoepsoholic
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2006, 10:14:47 AM »
For in-kangol use, your setup might be the way to go anyway, shaggy.  I ran MK41V caps the other night on a DINa Kwonbar in a kangol, and while the mics were held in great position, the bar really began to hurt my forehead after about 90 minutes.  It seems completely comfortable just touching your head, but it's like water torture or something after an hour and a half.

I was just borrowing the caps, but if I buy a pair, I'm gonna try to make myself a similar bar that's curved to match the lines of the hat.  That should keep the plastic away from the noggin, and make for an awesome setup.

If anyone hears from Robert, tell him I still really want those straight extentions we were talking about ages ago.  ;)  Can't blame the guy - I can't begin to count the number of projects that I've got going that are stalled for one reason or another.  I'm pretty sure I can make what I need by cutting a NOS bar in half and taking a dremel to the plastic for a few hours, but that's a messy proposition, and an expensive one if I mess it up.  And knowing myself... I'll mess up at least one of 'em.

- Jason
Schoeps MK21,MK4,MK41,MK41V,MK8 > CMC5/Naiant Tinybox/PFAs > Sound Devices 744T, Sony PCM-M10
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > SD 744T, M10

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2006, 10:58:51 AM »
I have an adjustable bar project going that will work with either mk4's or mk4v's..  Pics soon.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com