Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help with mics for field music and ambience  (Read 6587 times)

Offline idelgas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Help with mics for field music and ambience
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 02:33:02 PM »
Very true. I hope to be the exception to the rule.

In the meantime there is a private blog setup that will have updates on the trip, so if anyone is interested in checking it out PM and ill give you the info.

Offline idelgas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 01:25:03 PM »
There are similar threads to this one where people are inquiring what to take to a remote jungle/desert/topical island/war zone to record ambience and music and everybody gives recommendations, but we don't hear back from the person who opened the thread to tell everyone how it went.

After you get back safe and sound, will you let us know how everything worked out and maybe provide some samples?

So its been a very long time since I posted this, but better late than never. I went on the trip and everything went smoothly. Some challenges along the way but overall the rig worked fine.

After all that, post production on the film was finished last week and ready to be shown. So if anybody is still interested in seeing the finished product feel free to PM me and ill send you a link to the finished film.

In the meantime check out esperando.cc

Thanks to all for the help.

Andres

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 06:58:57 PM »
Great to hear.  So what equiment did you end up using? Any words of wisdom from the experience gained? Things you would have done differently?

The film looks very interesting. Mr. Moons cinematography and other filmed music projects look gorgeous in the Vimeo clips.  Their are a couple organizations in Miami who promote and feature both live music and film of this genre, as well as a large Columbian population.  If interested I'll send you their names & contact info if it might help promote the finished project.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com