Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: NEW - Nagra SD  (Read 9921 times)

Offline John Willett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
Re: NEW - Nagra SD
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 06:54:28 PM »
....too bad it didn't output 9volt plug in power on the mic end....then I would swim the Atlantic to get my hands on one....

But it does put out 3V plug-in power - which is fine for most electret mics.  :)

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 08:12:11 PM »
This appears what those of us who like Sound Devices wish they would build.... a small blown out to the max uber small recorder with line in..... as is I would pay 800-1k....to bad it didn't output 9volt plug in power on the mic end....then I would swim the Atlantic to get my hands on one....

Full ACK, as i understand the concept of this recorder it has no fixed built in internal mics, it would be fine for most of us using external mics, preĀ“s and gear ...

That is the other cool thing about it.  As I understand it.....the mic on top is removable...
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 08:57:59 PM »
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/428930-REG/Nagra_CM_MICS_CM_MICS_Stereo_Microphone.html

This looks interesting....says microphone cable with dual xlr to single 1/8 mini...from the picture it looks like dual minis.....wondering if this would double as a line input cable....if so it looks nice and secure with locking mechanism on the recorder end.....not sure if it will work with the SD, but it does work with the other mini nags on the market...

Here is closer look:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=ProductDetail&A=showItemLargeImage&Q=&sku=428930&is=REG

OOK
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline flintstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 01:12:38 PM »
"...the SD would have been built to a specification, rather than down to a price."

Color me skeptical.  The ARES-M models were made in China, and offered little more than interchangeable mics when compared to Japanese designs like the Sony PCM-D50.   I hope the SD is a step forward.

Flintstone

Offline John Willett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 01:24:41 PM »
"...the SD would have been built to a specification, rather than down to a price."

Color me skeptical.  The ARES-M models were made in China, and offered little more than interchangeable mics when compared to Japanese designs like the Sony PCM-D50.   I hope the SD is a step forward.

There is nothing wrong with stuff being made in China - so long as everything is specified and QC'd properly.

After all, people were saying the same things about Japan back in the 1960's - now look at them.

Offline flintstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 01:35:05 PM »
I have nothing against Chinese goods per se (other than the fact that there are so few manufacturing jobs in USA these days). Nagra gets a lot of mileage out of the impression that their gear is made by Swiss technicians, so it's worth knowing that not all their gear comes from Cheseaux.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com